Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the track today. Only my second time. About 4 years ago I went before I had my predator 93 canned tune. I don't remember disabling tc as a choice when I tuned it. I do know from driving it has either partly or fully disabled it. So, do I need to do anything with it at the track? I'm hoping for a lot better times than before with this and better temps and a 180 tstat along with 255/35/20 tires. Long story on how that happened but I've generally liked them except riding a little rougher and ground clearance/bottoming out at times (and of course the decreased fuel mileage). Oh, what exactly does the 3% extra fuel at wot (I think I've got that right) choice on my predator do? I don't have it set to do that. Is it a bit of a safety feature to keep it from running lean and burning a piston? Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Set the TC to OFF in the Predator menu if you want it off. I have a small NoESP switch wired in under the dash to do that and avoid messing with tuner at the track.

The 3% fuel at WOT option does just what you think it does...it adds that much fuel at WOT to avoid a lean condition and potential piston/valvetrain damage.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll have to plug it up and take a look again since I don't remember seeing an off for it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, despite playing with the predator, I never saw a #% fueling option and I sure thought I had seen it before. There also was no option for turning the tcs on or off, but it definitely was off or at least offf enought to never respond. I made 9 passes, some with the car much cooler than others, but there apparently was no real difference. I thought I cam up with a few interesting observations I'll share.

I watched many others make their runs and saw quite a few bog or lay down off the line, particulary a Challenger with a procharger. My car never bogged a single time, giving me very consistent runs, even though some had a good bit more spin than others and a couple really didn't spin at all. My runs were 1/4 and all 9 passes were within 1.11 mph top speed and 5 were within .11 mph of each other. There was only a .191 sec gap between all passes and 8 of them were within .089 seconds. I rolled into slowly twice, once seemed way too slow and far down the track before I floored it, but still somehow the results were close together as you see.

A couple of theings that seemed really strange were my 2nd best 60' time only got me my 4th quickest time whereas my 7th quickest 60' got me my 2nd quickest run. Also, my fastest mph, by .25, was 6th slowest timewise and probably had the most spin, so how did I get my best mph?. Maybe it had to do with staging shallow or deep, but I don't recall how I staged each time.

I was running into a headwind of maybe 10 mph and was disappointed in my times, considering how many I see on here breaking 13 sec, which was my goal. The only other time I went about 4 years ago, I either only had my catback or possibly was bone stock. Now I have the predator and considering it doesn't defuel during upshifts, along with the shorter gearing from my smaller tires, I thought for sure I would have picked up more. I think the track was in pretty good shape for traction, especially compared to how easy the tires broke loose on the street. I can't find my previous slips, but I knkow they were not near as consistent and had some bogging and tcs interruption and ranged from close to 14 at around 102 to a best of 13.6x and a high speed of upper 105's.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Staging shallow will help your ET because you have more rollout that way. I'm glad to hear you are putting your SRT to good use at the strip. With more practice and better conditions you will get better ETs. Can you show us the breakdown (60 ft, 330 ft, 1/8 mile, etc)? If you can get your 60 ft to 2.00 or better, you should be in the 12s if the conditions are right.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts