Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I was watching for a while yesterday when the shop did mine. Unless you have a vehicle lift and some support poles (for supporting the control arms when loose) and the appropriate tools, I wouldn't bother. I did my own install on the Borla exhaust, but that was really a pretty simple bolt-on process. I knew I wasn't equipped to do the springs. You also need to have the car realigned after installing the springs.

I got my Eibach kit done for $465 out the door. That's not bad at all considering I've seen the springs going for $280 alone.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I watched today as mine were installed and I wouldn't dare try myself.. . .. . but DAMN you will love em once on!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've done all the suspension modifications on my cars and will do it on my 300C when I receive it if I decide to go that route. As those have said above, if you don't have the tools I would not try it. In my opinion, alignment is definitely necessary after any drop too.

$465 out the door is a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JonW said:
I was watching for a while yesterday when the shop did mine. Unless you have a vehicle lift and some support poles (for supporting the control arms when loose) and the appropriate tools, I wouldn't bother. I did my own install on the Borla exhaust, but that was really a pretty simple bolt-on process. I knew I wasn't equipped to do the springs. You also need to have the car realigned after installing the springs.

I got my Eibach kit done for $465 out the door. That's not bad at all considering I've seen the springs going for $280 alone.
where from??

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
CokeDrvrBjw said:
where from??
Local shop in Long Beach. I little far for you I think!:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
CokeDrvrBjw said:
where from??
i don't know if you have midas out there, but my local midas shop did mine for 145.... and said there was no need for an alignment after they finished.... i assume they would have done it one way or another as it is more cash in their pockets.... but they said it was unnecessary?

i picked up my kit from the net, drivewire.com or something like that.... 280 shipped to my door.

personally, if i had to do it over, i'd have not gone with the pro-line kit.... i think i'd ahve gone with the sportline and got the extra half inch drop..... i may end up doing it all over again after i get my wheels and tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts