Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you protect your leather seats from carseats? I don't want the leather to tear or get indentions from where the seats where?

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's why I avoid having kids lol. :joke:

Maybe putting a thick blanket down first would help? Everybody I know who has kids.....doesn't have a clean vehicle lol. Stains all over the seats, kool-aid, candy, unknown pieces of food and sticky things.....not in my 300 please. :spank:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a 1 year old and 4 year old and BOTH kick the back of the seat if we have the seats too far back. I saw on Mopar web site they sell a plastic thingy that goes around the headrest and drapes over the back of the front seats to prevent foot prints on the back.

The bottom line is this - the kids’ safety is worth a heck of a lot more than some leather seats. If I ever need to reupholster I will but I would not put blankets or any of that down and potentially compromise the safety of the kids.

Here's my setup...one car seat, 1 booster seat......

Although both my kids know that eating is PROHIBITED. They are welcome to yuck up the wife's minivan though. :biggrin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought a thick canvas "pad" from Target that is designed to be positioned under the car seat. It has protected my leather from any damage, including indentations. They also have a handy pocket built into it that hangs over the edge of the front part of the car's rear seat.

As for the back of the front passenger seat getting kicked by your child, you just need a short wife who can pull the seat far enough foward so that your kid can't kick the seat. Problem solved.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I jus throw a thick folded tower under the seat that works pretty well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I fit 2 booster seats and 1 infant seat across the back with a beach towel underneath and everything still looks new after a year.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't have kids but the trunk is pretty roomy, LOL. j/k

·
Registered
204 Posts
The bottom line is this - the kids’ safety is worth a heck of a lot more than some leather seats. If I ever need to reupholster I will but I would not put blankets or any of that down and potentially compromise the safety of the kids.

Wuh? How is putting a blanket down under the seat compromising the safety of the kids??? :wtf1:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Im high? You're the one with the double post. :)

When it comes to my kids I am very anal about safety....If its not in the instructions, I don't do it. I obviously understand that a blanket under a car seat will probably not do any harm but to me, I won't do it.

Part of my insanity is that I've been in a bad crash. Have you? I got T-Boned at 55 MPH, spun 5 times and knocked out. The lady blew a light and hit the exact spot my kid and wife would have been sitting and ever since, I've been a worrier about stuff like that. Its scary stuff. You can't imagine the force of an impact until you are wacked pretty good. The steering wheel was literally bent like a pretzel around my hands like in the movie Planes Trains and Automobiles. Perhaps I should mellow out a little but I am very thankful my family was not in the car that day.

·
Registered
243 Posts
go to babies-r-us.... they sell a matting that goes between the car seat and your leather seats.... also they have another matting that goes behind the front seats to protect it from "kids leavin shoe marks" on.

I have a 8yr old and a 7 weeks old.... and ive used those things and it saved my leather seats on the 300C and my tahoe... specially from STAINS!

·
Registered
441 Posts
My vote: towel underneath and draped a bit down the seat front. No marks on my seat and saved me some grief from the inevitable spills and other "effluent." You could also use one of those vinyl-backed absorbent crib pads. Remember it's the seat belt that's holding your kid in place not the friction of the car seat; 200lbs of your own weight isn't enough to keep you in place.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Towel under the car seat is my preferred method.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts