Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 300C with the grey interior and I was talking to a a buddy of mine and he made the statement that the seats on the 300 are vinyl on the outside and leather is only on the middle inside of the seats. Is this true? or is the whole seat leather? does anybody know for sure? gngster

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
That's pretty common practice throughout the automotive industry. I know my truck is like that and it wouldn't surprise me at all if our cars were only real leather on the seating surface, but I'm not sure.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I thought they were just as he posted.......

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Yes just the centers are leather and not even the whole center is leather, the area what has the embossed Chrysler wings, that too is vinyl.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I think everything that the body normally touches is leather (or Preferred Suede), including the tops of the lower, and front sides of the upper bolsters, and even the top, front side of the seat back. The outside and lower sides of the bolsters, and the backs of the seats are definitely vinyl. The head restraints are vinyl, too. (After all, they're not supposed to be headrests! :cool: )

But you know what I discovered only a few weeks ago, after three months of ownership? The lower side of the inside, seat bottom bolsters - the part that's right beside the console - is fabric! Not leather, not suede... not even vinyl. Flippin' cloth! :scared: I was amazed! Now that's on my '07's SRT (Design :wink1:) seats. I'd love to know what the rest of yours are... is this another penny-pinch like the single hood strut and the 'missing' map pocket on the seat back (both of which, thankfully, I do have)?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was told, the reason for the fabric was because it could wear against the centre console when moving the sea. I guess therefore, that it could also wear against the door too, as that is also cloth.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Sorta, not quite - the door side is only cloth on the lower part they assumed would rub against the plastic piece that covers the seat bottom.

The gap between the top half and bottom half of the seat has cloth too :) Same reason, lol. They didn't want the seats making farting noises!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
We have this same predicament in the UK,my 05 has full leather seats and bolsters but 06's seem to have half leather.I was at stealerships yesterday and took a stroll around the lot and it came to my attention because the 05 that was for sale had leather and the other 3 06's had part leather,i dont know if thats the same in the States??

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
That's odd, I didn't think any 300s had full leather.

One thing's for sure you can tell there's at least 3 different materials being used. I happen to like whatever it is on the end of the seat bottom and the chrysler logo area, it has this freaky soft feeling that's weird.

The stuff used on the side/lower rear of the front seats I don't care for though, the grain looks like cheap vinyl, the rest is great. :)

I think it's really more of a question of grain choice than it is the actual material hehe. I dunno?

·
Registered
184 Posts
well as I'm still awaiting delivery of my lady I can't really comment other than my rump hasn't complained about the materials (or quality thereof) used in the cars I've test driven. And as long as it's not complaining then my girlfriend's happy too...

:)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
That's odd, I didn't think any 300s had full leather.

One thing's for sure you can tell there's at least 3 different materials being used. I happen to like whatever it is on the end of the seat bottom and the chrysler logo area, it has this freaky soft feeling that's weird.

The stuff used on the side/lower rear of the front seats I don't care for though, the grain looks like cheap vinyl, the rest is great. :)

I think it's really more of a question of grain choice than it is the actual material hehe. I dunno?
what I meant to say was that the butt and bolster parts are leather but the underneath/side panels that you dont really notice is some sort of cloth with vent holes in it,what I was getting at is that it seems to me that 05 models had the "full leather" whilst 06 on had part leather and vynil/vinyl(plastic.lol),all I can say is that I'm glad I have the 05 model:fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Admittedly, it doesn't matter much to me, I always wear jeans, and being 6'1 I'd have to wear some weird shorts to know what I was sitting on, so I don't really care. :)

All leather is even sexier than leather and vinyl, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts