Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Do You Own Your Car?

• No, it is leased.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No, it is a company vehicle.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No, I am making payments.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • Yes, I own it outright and don't owe anything.

Votes: 130 64.7%
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I paid mine off in full last fall. I'm saving for my next car!

·
Registered
234 Posts
when i bought mine i traded in my old car and paid the rest cash i got it for $30,000 with 7k on it

·
Registered
275 Posts
so well, ya'll full of money:p

·
Registered
53 Posts
Started out with a $20K 72 month loan exactly 3 years ago, but have made double payments or more the last year. Should have it paid off under a year. I guess I figure it is worth the 0.5% interest to get an extra couple years on the loan and drive the payment down. That $260/month payment was helpful since I lost my job twice in the 3 years of having the car.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
bought my 05 C AWD Nov `08 with 34k miles for $19K
but ended up being $23k(after tax & warranty etc.)
put down $1500 still owe $16k....
only to find out chrysler was going to go bankrupt and should have waited another 6 months :pat:
But i'm getting my money's worth because i'm about to hit 95k miles not bad for 2years eh?
Oh and realized i spent $1500 on a useless warranty because i used it up in the first year :pat:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
owned since 2005 and probably keep it till it dies.........then I'll fix it again

·
Registered
158 Posts
Own,payed for it 2 years ago and I still love it!!

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
so well, ya'll full of money:p

haha yeah seems like it huh? lol :scared:

bought my 05 C AWD Nov `08 with 34k miles for $19K
but ended up being $23k(after tax & warranty etc.)
put down $1500 still owe $16k....
only to find out chrysler was going to go bankrupt and should have waited another 6 months :pat:
But i'm getting my money's worth because i'm about to hit 95k miles not bad for 2years eh?
Oh and realized i spent $1500 on a useless warranty because i used it up in the first year :pat:

you think that is good?

i bought my 2006 3.5l around this time in 08 with about 56k miles and i owe about $10k on it and im around the 71k miles right now so i did way better than you as far as the miles are concerned and how much i owe but then again you have the hemi and i dont and we pretty much paid the same amount! :pat:

and yes if i would have known or had any idea that chrysler was going to end up the way it did i would have seriously waited and just gone for the hemi and i would be one happy hemi owner right now with less money owed but life is so unfair isnt it? :dead1:

oh yeah and the stupid warranty that i paid extra for was of really no use to me either! :pat:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
i was thinking of taking them to small claims because i specifically asked is it from the time of purchase or "extended" ontop of when the factory warranty runs out...
Those misleading good for nothing son of a ..... anyways i did get something in the mail about some kind of after care program. Maybe i'll try and find that flyer again and see what its all about

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
All depends on what's acceptable to each person. If the interest rate is low, then it's not a bad idea. Also if there is no interest, even better!
Regardless of what's acceptable to each person, fiscally responsible is to buy what you can actually afford. If I give you the option of paying $15,000 or $20,000, which option do you take? Personally, the only time it is fiscally justified to take it on payments is if you get an interest rate lower than your current savings rate - with savings rates what they are right now, unless you're getting 0% financing, this really ain't happening.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Bank owns mine... for now.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Regardless of what's acceptable to each person, fiscally responsible is to buy what you can actually afford. If I give you the option of paying $15,000 or $20,000, which option do you take? Personally, the only time it is fiscally justified to take it on payments is if you get an interest rate lower than your current savings rate - with savings rates what they are right now, unless you're getting 0% financing, this really ain't happening.
I can't even begin typing the list of new cars I could waltz into the Dealership and buy @ 0%. It's a long list.... And it's been this way for years...

A guy I work with traded his C5 Vette in 4 times.. all four 0%

:)

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I can't even begin typing the list of new cars I could waltz into the Dealership and buy @ 0%. It's a long list.... And it's been this way for years...

A guy I work with traded his C5 Vette in 4 times.. all four 0%

:)
0% plus taxes. It sure would be nice if the government subtracted the trade value of you old car from the purchase price of the new car and you only had to pay sales tax on the difference.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
0% plus taxes. It sure would be nice if the government subtracted the trade value of you old car from the purchase price of the new car and you only had to pay sales tax on the difference.
Tax laws vary by state/province ^_^. If you're paying 0%, it's a good investment should you decide to keep the car beyond the date of actually owning it. Otherwise, you're actually worse off than a lease...

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
That's exactly how it is in Idaho; as it should be. But I know many states aren't that way.

but the sales tax has nothing to do with your interest rate, or whether or not you finance.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts