Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Do You Own Your Car?

• No, it is leased.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No, it is a company vehicle.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No, I am making payments.

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • Yes, I own it outright and don't owe anything.

Votes: 126 64.0%
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Just started paying for it
5 years to go:pat:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I try and find a balance. I know so many ways to make money, with money, most times I'm better off owing. Ultimately if I'm losing 5 points on my loan but earning 20 points with those funds liquid it's a no brainer. I usually do shoot for a 2 years though I'll sign up for the 5 year with no panalty for early payoff.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Down to my last 2 payments!!!!!!!:slomo:

Originally got a 5 year loan to get the car and simultaneously build up my previously so-so credit. Now I'll have great credit and no car payments!!!!!!! I'm going to save like a mofo this upcoming year!!!!

-J

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
My car has been paid for for a couple of years now. We have one more payment on my wife's car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Owned my 300C going on two years now and paid it off after 1. Paid off my wife's Altima too. I want to be able to mod without distractions.

·
Registered
899 Posts
i always buy my cars outright...not a fan of financing something that depreciates so quickly

·
Registered
16 Posts
After May 2012 I will have a title, and an extra $600 a month toward some fun mods, which could break things, which will lead to more fun mods.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I technically 'own' mine. I used equity in my house, so in effect I borrowed to get it but the security isn't over the car.

As soon as I saw the property prices rise here I jumped at the chance lol.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nope. It owns ME. Yes, it owns me. It is a gorgeous black beauty, and is just like a demanding spouse. Gets a little bit of dust
on her, "Clean me, clean me". Gets dirty, "Wash, me, wash me". Tiny scratch "Buff me, buff me". Every few months, "Clay and wax me, wax me". The demands are never ending. "Vacuum me, detail me inside, clean the windows, etc. etc". It NEVER stops.
But I wouldn't change it for the world. Even though she owns me, I paid cash for her new. Simply gorgeous.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts