Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I doubt it unless they shorten the wheelbase to around 110. The 120" wheelbase is very big for a coupe and they would have problems strenthening the chassis after you remove the roof. The chassis would flex too much. Not going to happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E55 KEV said:
I doubt it unless they shorten the wheelbase to around 110. The 120" wheelbase is very big for a coupe and they would have problems strenthening the chassis after you remove the roof. The chassis would flex too much. Not going to happen.

sorry what i meant was maybe a solid roof two door model like the Bentley :rolleyes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
E55 KEV said:
i believe he was asking for a hardtop coupe (2 instead of 4 doors) and not a convertible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
120 inch wheelbase is not too long for a convertible. Mine has a 124 inch wheelbase and it's solid as a ... rock. Well, maybe not. But it's a 40-year-old unibody convertible on a 124 inch wheelbase that's been in several accidents, some fairly serious, and it really isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
528 Posts
A few more,...

..., coupe chops from the web.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Well, all the diehard Charger fans were asking, actually begging for a 2 door Dodge Charger and they could not/would not do it. If there is no market case justification for that car being built as a coupe to appease diehard fans and customer there would be little market justification to make a 300 Coupe. Sad!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts