1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!! :)

Dodge might reveal Challenger R/T and SXT earlier than expected

From leftlanenews.com

Dodge finally launched its widely anticipated Challenger SRT8 muscle car. Dodge chose to introduce the most expensive model first, with lesser variants arriving at another date. It turns out the basic V8 and V6 models of the Challenger might be unveiled a bit sooner than expected — possibly at the New York Auto Show next month.

When asked when the R/T (V8) and SXT (V6) models would debut, Chrysler's Jim Press said, "Just wait until New York," according to Edmunds. He made the comment this week at the Chicago Auto Show, where the SRT8 model debuted.

The R/T is expected to offer a 350 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI V8, while the SXT will make use of a 250 horsepower V6 motor. Both models will come without the "racing stripes" that are standard to the SRT8's paint job.

If the two less expensive models debut in mid-March, it would be somewhat sooner than originally expected.

Craig!! :)

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Wednesday, March 19th...

The R/T will have the all-new 5.7 engine with ~380 hp.
You going to post that at Challenger buddy? Did you get "it" yet???

Bernie

·
Registered
630 Posts
The R/T with 380hp will be pretty attractive...especially if its pricing follows like the Charger and 300 where the SRT version is around $10K more.

An R/T priced at high 20's to low 30's would compete well against the Stang GT.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
The R/T with 380hp will be pretty attractive...especially if its pricing follows like the Charger and 300 where the SRT version is around $10K more.

An R/T priced at high 20's to low 30's would compete well against the Stang GT.
As long as they offer it with the 6 speed manual I'd consider it instead of the SRT; but then again i might as well go for the "Big Dog" this time since it won't be a daily driver and I already have the 5.7 in my "C" and my '07 Ram 1500.

I guess I should concern myself first with HOW I'm gonna pay for a Challenger before I worry about WHICH Challenger I want!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Didnt they slow down production on the 300's and chargers for 08. They should get alot of challengers ready for the spring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts