Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
You're not the first... there's a 4 page thread about it in the off topic section............

;)

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Hope not.... its a fine a** automobile.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I was just over on the viper club.com and I could not fine anything about the viper being dead.

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
May she R.I.P.....The Dodge Viper.

Too bad the three headed dog (Chryslerebus) is going to kill the "SNAKE", Viper.

I have always loved the look of the Viper. But that is about as far as I good go with it, looking at it. Like most cars desinged like the Viper. The manuf. builds them for people who are 5'6" and shorter.

I say bring on more big sedans with big SRT10 motors, lol. Dodge already killed the bigboy truck with the Viper motor, I'm sad.

Unfortunately the three headed dog is also going to kill big car fun as well.

R.I.P. Dodge Magnum :pat:

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Hey Steve, maybe my eyes have gone bad but I can't see any thread about it.

Got a linky?

no linky... in my 1st post that's why I put the winky......

:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Nope, speaking of which I can hardly wait to order my 2011 300N! I heard it'd look like this:

Chrysler already killed the Magnum, they're not making them any more, and they have no plans to continue making cars with HEMI engines.

WTF?! That's one of the few things they make that sells. IF they think they'll make a living selling Caliber rebadges and rebadged Mitsubishis (Sebring and Avenger), they deserve to go bust.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Nope, speaking of which I can hardly wait to order my 2011 300N! I heard it'd look like this:

Chrysler already killed the Magnum, they're not making them any more, and they have no plans to continue making cars with HEMI engines.

WTF?! That's one of the few things they make that sells. IF they think they'll make a living selling Caliber rebadges and rebadged Mitsubishis (Sebring and Avenger), they deserve to go bust.
Well the thing is, it's not really Chrysler's fault, or the other car makers either for that matter. This is like Deja-vu, everyone here that's in my age bracket (mid 40's...) has seen this before in the early 70's when Emission standards and gas lines killed the muscle car era. The same thing is going to happen to this 'muscle car era' due to oil prices and the new CAFE standards of 35 mpg. It probably won't get as bad as it did in the late 70's and early 80's, but many big torquey V8's will give way to turbocharged and supercharged 4's and V6's. There will still be fun, fast cars, but they won't be big V8 powered 'torque monsters' ; and it won't be the same.
Get 'em while you can...... that's why I'm hoping to add a Challenger to my stable in a year or so.....then I'll have my "C", my hemi Ram, and my Muscle car and I don't care what they build after that!

Check out this article: End of an Era? - MSN Autos

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Well, I just asked the SRT Engineers if the rumours are true. Here's what they said...
Team SRT said:
Sorry...we do not discuss future products.
Hope that helps...haha!!!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Update...

Team SRT said:
Viper is a current product. As long as the orders are coming in and the Viper nation continues to communicate their feelings to our company, you should be able sleep at night......
Bernie

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You know what irritates me about this?
You could give every person in Australia a V8 car, and the nation as a whole would produce less carbon emissions than an entire United States of Prius'.

And yet, we're dragged into this V8 apocalypse along with everyone else.

In other news, more Australian car plants are being shut down in favour of outsourcing to America, snapping funds straight from the mouth of the Aussie economy and injecting it into the bloated red, white and blue leviathan. Funny how it's all connected, aye?

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
snapping funds straight from the mouth of the Aussie economy and injecting it into the bloated red, white and blue leviathan. Funny how it's all connected, aye?

Uh....You act like the US is sucking up all the jobs.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The only real economy we have is a service economy.

What you speak of is the only insourcing of auto manufacturing that I've heard of.

This very forum is based on an American car that's engineered and partly manufacturered by Germans, Assembled in Canada, powered by a Mexican motor controlled by chinese, Japanese, and Malaysian electronics.

The US has not signed onto the Kyoto treaty yet, go blame the EU and China for your emissions woes. We're in this mess with you guys!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Woah woah, back up. Sorry, my intention was not to imply the US was 'sucking up jobs'.

For quite a while, Holden Australia made a pretty penny manufacturing tremendous amounts of cars and exporting quite a fair portion to the States. Then, Chevrolet decided to start manufacturing the R8 and such on home turf, shutting down the Aussie plants that previously supplied them. Now there's talk that even further plants will be shut down, and a complete inverse of power will be in place; the Americans will be exporting Holdens to Australia, instead of vice-versa. Under the Free Trade Agreement between Australia and the States, exporting Holdens was one of the few good deals Australia got out of the whole thing. Now it looks like it's being totally turned around to bite us in the arse.

It also means we can't turn to home-grown grunt to get our V8 fix if manufacturers in Detroit start dropping V8's to comply with emissions laws. As it is, our largest source of emissions woes seems to be from our energy industry. Hence my venom; Australia could have V8's, but it looks like we could be relying on American-owned muscle in the near future, American-owned muscle which is looking to be under serious stress with this latest news.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Woah woah, back up. Sorry, my intention was not to imply the US was 'sucking up jobs'.

For quite a while, Holden Australia made a pretty penny manufacturing tremendous amounts of cars and exporting quite a fair portion to the States. Then, Chevrolet decided to start manufacturing the R8 and such on home turf, shutting down the Aussie plants that previously supplied them. Now there's talk that even further plants will be shut down, and a complete inverse of power will be in place; the Americans will be exporting Holdens to Australia, instead of vice-versa. Under the Free Trade Agreement between Australia and the States, exporting Holdens was one of the few good deals Australia got out of the whole thing. Now it looks like it's being totally turned around to bite us in the arse.

It also means we can't turn to home-grown grunt to get our V8 fix if manufacturers in Detroit start dropping V8's to comply with emissions laws. As it is, our largest source of emissions woes seems to be from our energy industry. Hence my venom; Australia could have V8's, but it looks like we could be relying on American-owned muscle in the near future, American-owned muscle which is looking to be under serious stress with this latest news.

That definitely sucks no doubt. I feel for you guys. I also think it would make more sense to produce the V8 powered cars in Australia since you guys aren't under the stress of these BS CAFE restrictions so they can at least still be produced.

However, I think the doom and gloom of all of this will settle down. There will always be affordable muscle cars for anyone that wants them. Good thing most people want gas sippers to offset the minority that doesn't. :biggrin:

The bigger problem is the supply and demand.

The reason we're seeing huge dealer markup on powerful cars is because the manufacturers are restricted in making enough of them to meet true demand to offset CAFE production ratios. So they only make a few Shelby Mustangs to the 100 people that actually want one.

That, to me, is the most frustrating part.

Then on the other hand you have Chrysler, who made the SRT8 and it seemed like there wouldn't be enough of them. People paid ridiculous markup. Then Chrysler made too many and they are going near invoice right now.

It's just crazy right now. Only time will tell I guess.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts