Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does Standard 300C Stereo Play MP3's? I thought that it did, but now I'm afraid that I should have ordered the uplevel stereo. (Mine is supposedly going to be built the week of July 19th.)

Chris

·
Registered
588 Posts
crispiegee said:
Hey all,

Does Standard 300C Stereo Play MP3's? I thought that it did, but now I'm afraid that I should have ordered the uplevel stereo. (Mine is supposedly going to be built the week of July 19th.)Chris
Only the upgraded stereo with the 6 disk player in the dash/radio does (Boston Acoustics).

·
Registered
588 Posts
LOTHP said:
What are the input media for the MP3 player? I was going to wait until Monday and RTFM, but as long as somebody brought it up... Memory cards? Some kind of cable uplink? Off of discs? I've already ripped most of my CDs, so I was hoping I could leave them in the rack rather than tote them around.
CD-ROM's are what the manual specifies, just pop 'em into the CD tray and they'll play.

·
Registered
588 Posts
crispiegee said:
Shoot! I wonder if they can change it at the dealer. :( ...
I'm sure they can, but you'll have to upgrade to the radio/stereo which includes that player. That whole center dash pod is upgradeable for most items so long as you have the cash to support it.

I'd first try to get them to swap for the old parts. But failing that, there's always eBay. Sell it yourself to cut down the cash outlay.

·
Registered
588 Posts
LOTHP said:
Thanks - though not optimal, that's still cool. I'm thinking about 200 songs per CD-ROM. A loaded changer should get me from Reno to Chicago without hearing the same thing twice. And then there's Sirius... :D
Yep. Then there's an additional trunk-mounted Sony 10 disk CD magazine player. I have one in mine, transferred from the last 3 cars, which gets me from NoVA to Hilton Head, NC on one magazine without a repeat. And then there's Sirius. Getting so that I like it very much. Didn't want it but it was on the car and now think it's the cat's meow. :^))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts