Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2008 and noticed it only had 1 hood strut. I asked the dealer about this and was told all 2008 300's come this way. Seeing as the set up is all there for a 2nd strut I find this hard to believe. Can someone with a 2008 tell me if your car came with 1 or 2 struts?. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
that is strange for sure, sounds like somebody at the stealership is full of sh** !!!!

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
That's very interesting grunt. I imagine the bean counters thought that one up. I guess anyone with only one could easily buy another though. Maybe next year we'll see the hood prop like the Dodges. They are still rolling out with 4 wheels I hope...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah 4 wheels still on them for now , untill they can figure out how to make the car balance on 3 .

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
yeah 4 wheels still on them for now , untill they can figure out how to make the car balance on 3 .
Too easy, just put one in the centre. Jesus, I just saved Chrysler millions!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
734 Posts
My 08 SRT8 has two...

BTW, Not trying to rub my beautiful 6.1L in your non SRT8 faces... just showing my hood struts :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
nope they now come with one , its a running model change . SORRY
Sorry buddy, several pictures plus a dozen or more members say and show otherwise...

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Sorry buddy, several pictures plus a dozen or more members say and show otherwise...
What he's saying is the one strut was a rolling change. Happens all the time, just like you don't have headlight washers.

Bernie

·
Registered
734 Posts
What he's saying is the one strut was a rolling change. Happens all the time, just like you don't have headlight washers.

Bernie
Explain "rolling change" then please?

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Explain "rolling change" then please?
It simply means that changes are made on the fly during the model year build. Some examples are in mid 2006 MY the front and rear fascia became one piece and the 3rd position ESP off became available by changing the ABS pump. Some 06's had it, some didn't. I think the headlight washers were deleted in during the 2007 MY. It's the same thing with my Jeep I've been trying to order. The paint colours are changing mid year.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, grunt works at the assembly plant in Brampton. He knows!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to you folks that are "struting your stuff" (pun intended) with photos (nice cars by the way) I can now go into the dealer and ask for the 2nd strut rolling change or not.

I appreciate the help. Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Same thing with the map holder behind the passenger seat. In 2007 some cars had it, some not.
One thing I will really miss if I get another new car is the cargo net. That was another nickle-and-dime cost cut that never should have happened.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thanks to you folks that are "struting your stuff" (pun intended) with photos (nice cars by the way) I can now go into the dealer and ask for the 2nd strut rolling change or not.

I appreciate the help. Thanks again, Mike
I don't think they're all that expensive if the dealer says you have to buy the 2nd one. Lots of the Charger and Magnum owners bought them to eliminate the hood prop.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
One thing I will really miss if I get another new car is the cargo net. That was another nickle-and-dime cost cut that never should have happened.
Fully agree on that. Bought one the first day of ownership. Was only $20 and they dealer had it in stock, but it's still a little incredible that a $39,000 car didn't include it from the factory. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 and mine only came with one although just as you stated the setup is there for the second. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow hear in Atlanta and get the second one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just got my 08 2 weeks ago, I noticed the other day I only have 1 talk about penny pinching, what next no wheel valve caps.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Just got my 08 2 weeks ago, I noticed the other day I only have 1 talk about penny pinching, what next no wheel valve caps.
If you haven't noticed those have been thin plastic for some time. If you want "real" valve stem metal caps, I recommend those by Stealth Auto... available in either 300C or SRT8 versions.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I think all you 2008 guys with just the one strut have the 2nd one on the roof.

Bernie

1 - 20 of 56 Posts