Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking around on the chrysler website and I noticed that it looks like the Aspen has Night View of the Map on the Navi screen.
Is that software or hardware related?
Also, that deff has to use the same cd as our right.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
That's a good question o_O Because every other nav unit I've seen as of late has it. The funny thing about nav units is that Chrysler has one of the better ones (aside from maybe Acura) -- it doesn't have the prettiest dialogs but it plays MP3 CDs, a lot have only CD capability. [the only reason acura is "better" is it has DVD-A ability lol].

Good question, whatever it is I'm sure your car just needs the light sensors (climate control is the variable needed) and it'll "know". OTOH the unit probably has the ambient light sensor built in anyway :)

Sounds a lot like my laptop :p When it gets dark the keyboard's backlight goes on and the screen dims a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Weird.

I want to say the "buttons" are just captions for the 123456 buttons but I doubt it. Why would they still have the knobs on a unit with a touchscreen though?

·
Registered
107 Posts
OoTLink said:
I want to say the "buttons" are just captions for the 123456 buttons but I doubt it. Why would they still have the knobs on a unit with a touchscreen though?
Because this looks like a photochop to me. The border of the LCD screen doesn't match the border of the bezel. But most of all, the mute or voice command button in the bottom right corner is partway off the screen. Oops!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FirstChrysler said:
Because this looks like a photochop to me. The border of the LCD screen doesn't match the border of the bezel. But most of all, the mute or voice command button in the bottom right corner is partway off the screen. Oops!
Thats not true.
Here, look at this pic from Chryslers site from the New Chrysler Aspen
I doubt that Chrysler will photochop.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
damn
we need details on this
same system for the NAV it looks like so perhaps their is a firmware flash that can be performed and then a new NAV dvd to use. Someone call Alpine and find out please :)

matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes PLEASE!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I think it is a photoshop. The thing is, I'm thinking it's probably a screenshot from a newer navigation unit, because the current one doesn't have button captions on the screen when you're in nav mode and it'd be really silly to have zoom and such on the screen when you have a knob to do it. (It just wastes space)..

Not to mention the screen shot DOES Look photoshopped on. Maybe they want to show off a feature of the new nav unit without showing people the unit quite yet because it hasn't been decided how it'd look? *roots for giant LCD with a CD slot and no buttons at all* Muwahaha. That'd rawk

·
Registered
107 Posts
NautcaSprt6 said:
Thats not true.
Here, look at this pic from Chryslers site from the New Chrysler Aspen
I doubt that Chrysler will photochop.
I disagree. Although I am using slang to say photochop, I beleive that it is more likely that the marketing group responsible for the Aspen marketing inserted the nav pic over what is likely a blank nav screen, rather than the nav software programmer not noticing that he placed an icon halfway off the screen.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't know. . . there is a screen reflection on the right hand side of the frame. Not impossible to do with PS, but I think these pictures are the real deal. Now, where do we get more details is the real question. . .

·
Registered
159 Posts
the gps i use on my laptop and day and night mode. it is software only to make the change. i would thnik the same here.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I'm thinking the day/night mode will be added to the REC model on the next software update, which should be coming out this month or next last I heard.

The second model shown is a new touchscreen version that will appear in some DCX vehicles starting with the 2007 model year. As the pic shows it has UConnect functions built-in, front aux input and even a USB port. There is also another new model with built-in rear view camera and a built-in hard drive but so far have not been able to get any additional information.

I have seen info on some of the upcoming 2007 models and the current REC nav unit is still being used so I am not sure if the touchscreen will be a step-up option offered in addition to the REC or if the REC will be phased out over the next model year or two and replaced by the touchscreen version.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts