Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just a friendly reminder to 300c and srt family in regards to dont be caught driving with your fog lights on, as of last month here in revictoria (victoria little joke mm) any ways, if you get pulled up with them on its gonna cost ya $140.00 bucks no points taken thanks god, thats the new law out now no warnings just show me the money honey, maybe cause we dont have much revenue catching ideas here in vic. Thought i pass this on due to it happening to me on saturday night in sunbury, nice copper he gave me the opp of switching them off or paying the cash , no questions asked, off they went, i thought he was going to ask me why i have blue floro lights in grills, i had answer ready for him, show car must of left them on it all ways works, touch wood mm. thanks for reading nice chatting, back to work, ho hum, cheers danny be4st ...:pat:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Wow! That's a new one to me. Obviously I don't live in your country but what if it's really foggy and you have them on. Does the same law still apply???

Nice to hear the LEO was kind and fair to you, too!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! That's a new one to me. Obviously I don't live in your country but what if it's really foggy and you have them on. Does the same law still apply???

Nice to hear the LEO was kind and fair to you, too!
I think it depends on how thick fog and what color, if copper has made his / her quota for the hour, if mcdonalds has finished breakfast menu, mmm its all about dollars down here Bruno stay safe ciao:fing02:

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WHY would they make a law like that? Or are you talking about driving with "just" fogs on?

I certainly don't get it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
thats one odd law.....

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Well, you would definitely have to drive with them on if you lived where I do off and on during certain months of the year. All I have are the PIAA bright white fog lights and I still get flashed by others coming the other way.

Below is a satellite photo capturing the infamous Tule Fog of the Central San Joaquin Valley in California. That photo shows just how long and thick this type of fog is for it to show up like that on the sat. photo. The white you see on the far right is the snow capped peaks of the Central Cali Sierra Nevada Mountain range.

I absolutely hate the Tule Fog and all the vehicle carnage it brings every year because of the idiots who think they can see two feet in front of their car and thus proceed to travel 70 mps on the two major highway arteries.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey all, just a friendly reminder to 300c and srt family in regards to dont be caught driving with your fog lights on, as of last month here in revictoria (victoria little joke mm) any ways, if you get pulled up with them on its gonna cost ya $140.00 bucks no points taken thanks god, thats the new law out now no warnings just show me the money honey, maybe cause we dont have much revenue catching ideas here in vic. Thought i pass this on due to it happening to me on saturday night in sunbury, nice copper he gave me the opp of switching them off or paying the cash , no questions asked, off they went, i thought he was going to ask me why i have blue floro lights in grills, i had answer ready for him, show car must of left them on it all ways works, touch wood mm. thanks for reading nice chatting, back to work, ho hum, cheers danny be4st ...:pat:
Yep thats correct it was announced on April 16th
And as of the next outing mine are off
A new law regarding the use of front fog lights was also announced today.
Minister for Roads and Ports, Tim Pallas, said that using front fog lights in any other conditions apart from hazardous weather conditions was now prohibited.
“Fog lamps turned on when there is no fog can cause glare, affecting other road users’ ability to see and drive safely,” Mr Pallas said.
“The new law brings the use of front fog lights in line with rules for using rear fog lights, reflecting community expectations and improving road safety.
“If drivers use their fog lights under conditions which are not foggy or hazardous they could face fines of $116.”

·
Registered
776 Posts
it was the same when i lived in the UK. you are not allowed to run the fog lights unless there was actually fog and reduced visibilty. Another good reason to move to the states, i run them all the time now - upgraded them to HIDs and they look awesome especially with the halos on!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You Victorians are a bit behind the times, we have had fines for fog lights here in WA for years, you can blame the WRX/Ricer crowd for this one.

Fog lights can only be used in fog and should not be used in conjunction with normal headlights. The idea is for the fog lights to operate at ground level under the fog, you should really turn your normal headlights off while using them for the propper effect. I have found that the factory fog lights are pretty useless if you try to use them on their own like this.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have got fair dinkum fog lights. My genuine fog lights actually fog up when it rains. Chrysler is going to fix them under warranty because apparently the fog is supposed to be on the outside of the lights and not the inside. LOL
I thought this new law as you guys have put it, was always in place in Victoria.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have got fair dinkum fog lights. My genuine fog lights actually fog up when it rains. Chrysler is going to fix them under warranty because apparently the fog is supposed to be on the outside of the lights and not the inside. LOL
I thought this new law as you guys have put it, was always in place in Victoria.
It was only law regarding the rear foggies until now

·
Registered
184 Posts
I mentioned this to Air22 couple of months ago,,,, i knew they were going to crack down,,,, biggest offenders are the WRX boys,,, huge foggies on the front of theirs,,blind everyone,, and thats where it all began,,,,

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I thought they were "driving lights" rather than fog lights. They are positioned below the bumper and it shouldn't have any adverse effects to on coming vehicles. What happens if they are used during the day?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I thought they were "driving lights" rather than fog lights. They are positioned below the bumper and it shouldn't have any adverse effects to on coming vehicles. What happens if they are used during the day?
CACHING$$$$$$$$$$$116.00 please payable to the gumby goverment

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would think that what we have is driving lights and as long as they are not stronger that 55 watts then they can be used at any time, but not on thier own after dark as substitute head lights due to thier low positioning. The other point that I'm stuck on is that I always thought fog lights had a yellow lense and that is how the difference was established. Its my understanding that the yellow light penetrates the fog better than white light. Hence yellow is a fog light.

·
Registered
772 Posts
personally, i hate seeing a car come up on the opposite side of the road with foglights on. unless there is actual fog or heavyrain, foglights only serve to blind oncoming traffic.

my pet peeve is people who drive with foglights on and no headlights.. what is that?

·
Registered
185 Posts
We have had that law in Queensland for quite a few years now. Police giving you a fine for having your fog lights on.

However this only applies to 'fog' lights...not 'driving' lights...the difference being that fog lights are on High beam all the time...where as Driving lights have a low and high beam setting and as long as you have them on low beam you dont get fined.

Not to say the police wont pull you over and try to to get some easy revenue.....it never leads to a fine but its still a pain in the ass explaining it to some 19yr old pimply faced ***** in blue trying to get his quota for the month.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts