Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2012 300C drivers door is hard to shut. It drags across the "latch striker" which is too high and too far in toward the car center.

No problem thinks I. I'll just loosen the 2 Torx head screws and reposition it. Well it turns out that with these screws loosened there is no position adjustment for the latch striker. WTF All my previous experience tells me this striker should be adjustable.

Anybody know what's going on? Please don't post if you don't know. Let's keep this thread on point.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay. I solved the equation. You loosen the screws just a quarter turn. Hit the striker with a hammer to drive it in , up or down. Use a slap hammer to pull it out.

The problem with making the adjustment with loose screws is that the striker pulls back into is previous position as you retighten the screws. Live and learn.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too have noticed the front drivers door hitting the latch I will do the above. I thought it was just me!! thanks for the info!:poke:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got my door latch to work properly using the method previously described. It now becomes apparent the entire door is not properly mounted. Dang.

Apparently, someone in the past noticed this misalignment and attempted to correct it by adjusting the latch thereby making the door hard to shut but obscuring the crocked door situation. My service writer acted like I was a nut job. It looks like a talk with the serv mgr is in my future My dealer does not have their own body shop. Perhaps that's the reason they are reluctant to act.:scratchch

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe I hate aligning doors especially when u do it yourself so annoying. I just canceled the extended warranty on the car as well! Thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts