Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a 2013 300c in Blackberry Pearl (metalic midnight blue), had it nearly 3 years and intend on keeping it for a long time.
I would love to get the door handles and tops of the mirrors professionally sprayed to colour co-ordinate to the car. Already had one bodyshop refuse to do it as the owner wasn't sure if the false chrome would permanently take the two pack paint even when sanded and keyed. I will only do this if I can exactly match the paint, so getting them vinyl wrapped is out.

Has anyone out there had this done, and was it successful?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I haven't, but FWIW mine are painted factory, not body color but "titanium" a lot like the car in the banner above. I'd think that since it'd be best to remove those parts for paint anyway. That it'd likely be worthwhile to simply buy factory none chrome versions, paint them off the car, and swap them after they match.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is no way you are going to remove be able to remove that chrome. Sand it with 400, prime it and paint it. Here is the big difference, be sure to EPOXY to prime it. Epoxy would be the perfect primer for that. DO NOT use a urethane or anything else, use an epoxy. Then paint it. Find a shop that will do it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i did pull a mirror apart. There is a piece of 3m tape inside that really holds it together. Then there are 4 clips.. Not easy to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have body color handles and mirrors. I’d happily trade for the chrome which is what I want on mine. I’m sure a shop would then paint the already painted covers then.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,589 Posts
I have body color handles and mirrors. I’d happily trade for the chrome which is what I want on mine. I’m sure a shop would then paint the already painted covers then.
I think the mail might be expensive given the OP is in the UK. We only had 2 models of Gen 2 300 here in the UK and both had the chrome/platinum door handles and mirrors unfortunately

Even worse Chrysler haven't sold 300's here since 2015 so we never got the latest/facelift version at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts