Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a non-nav stock stereo. i do know i have to get the chrysler 300 nav bezel and the Metra 99-6510 Doubel Din Kit. The deck i want to install is the Kenwood DNX5120 In Dash Nav Double Din. Will that deck fit if i got the bez and the kit. Please let me know guys, also i have really never installed a deck ever before and i will attempt to do this on my own so that i can do whatever i need to do so i can watch dvds while driivng. any info is great.

thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yea will also need the harness, which is Metra 80-6502 and a antenna adapter Metra 40CR10. Other then that is should be an easy install. For that kenwood i believe you just ground the parking brake wire to watch videos while in motion. Its gonna be difficult finding the VSS wire though on our vehicles, once i get back in the shop i can get you a location on that wire.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot man, sorry to be a noob, but what is the VSS wire, and if i install the deck normally first can i go back and ground the wire after. also, i have 3.5" speakers i wanna put in the front dash. first, do i need an amp to do this, secondly, is the wiring there already in a stock 300 touring base? ive looked and cannot find. and if i have to wire it, what do i wire it too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
With the Kenwood Nav Units you do not need any Vehicle Speed Sense (VSS) or reverse wires for the unit to work... makes install a breeze. They all work based off of the navigation antenna. Grounding the Park brake (lt. Green) wire will let you watch movies while driving... no unecessary trigger modules are needed to do this, just ground it. I would highly recommend the PAC wire harness module C2R-CHYNA for your specific car. If your car had the Factory Boston amplifier, use the C2R-CHY. As for the kit, 99-6510 works, and 40-CR10 will work for the antenna adapter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea will also need the harness, which is Metra 80-6502 and a antenna adapter Metra 40CR10. Other then that is should be an easy install. For that kenwood i believe you just ground the parking brake wire to watch videos while in motion. Its gonna be difficult finding the VSS wire though on our vehicles, once i get back in the shop i can get you a location on that wire.
Metra does not list the 80-6502 as a part number... The 70-6502 is a wire harness, but not the proper one for your vehicle. It will work, other than the switched accessory power and dimmer because our cars run on the CANBUS system. You can use it, and find a switched power elsewhere. Using the PAC C2R-CHYNA is more expensive, but proper, as it provides the accessory wire, dimmer wire, and maintains features such as RAP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Metra does not list the 80-6502 as a part number... The 70-6502 is a wire harness, but not the proper one for your vehicle. It will work, other than the switched accessory power and dimmer because our cars run on the CANBUS system. You can use it, and find a switched power elsewhere. Using the PAC C2R-CHYNA is more expensive, but proper, as it provides the accessory wire, dimmer wire, and maintains features such as RAP.
Opps sorry about that @ Circuit City its 80-6502, but 70-6502 is the same. You can do it either way, the cheaper way is using the 70-6502 and running an acc wire(gets 12v when car is on) to the cig lighter in the ashtray. As far as putting 3.5" speakers in the dash you would have to get an amp, since a radio can only do 4 speakers effiecently. There is no wires up there but its really easy to run new ones. What i did in my car is ran the 2 door speakers and the 2 rear speakers off a 4ch amp, and the 2 top dash speakers off my radio.. Sounds really good.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
JT, I'm trying to respond to a PM that you sent Batwood, but your control panel is set to not receive PM's or Emails so i can't contact you back.

(Sorry, couldn't get a hold of him, not stepping on threads)
Thanks
Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts