Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through multiple posts and forums about how to solve the rear brake squealing but I'm at a loss. Have new slotted and drilled R1 rotors with their ceramic pad. New hubs also. Took the car out to burn in the pads, faint squeal to start. After I finished, back to the jarring squeal. I will redo a burn in procedure and be more aggressive with it.

My question is, where can I find the shim for the back of the pad? I didn't realize that I don't have any. Figured I would try the anti-seize and anti-squeal remedy I found.

·
Registered
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8 w/ a Hellcat Supercharger
98 Posts
The pad shims are very important to reduce or eliminate sequel. There are many different kinds to choose from (ie. Amazon.com). I know the old Porsche techs would use 3m double sided tape if they were missing. Idk how effective that is compared to more modern products. What pads did you buy that did not have a shim included?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pad shims are very important to reduce or eliminate sequel. There are many different kinds to choose from (ie. Amazon.com). I know the old Porsche techs would use 3m double sided tape if they were missing. Idk how effective that is compared to more modern products. What pads did you buy that did not have a shim included?
I bought R1 concepts ceramic pads, they have a shim attached to the pad already. Their is supposed to be another loose metal shim that you can transfer to another pad. I was hoping for a specific part number, so it'll mate perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts