Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, I have a 2010 300C SRT8 which i brought new and had a few mods done to it straight away. Up until a year ago it was running mint without loosing a beat until i had a drive shaft go. After that the next one went with in a week and the next within a month and they were replaced through the dealer but i still wasnt happy. For the past year tyhe car has had a loud clunk coming from the rear passenger side , it sounds like every time the car is shifter into reverse or drive and even when my foot is on the brake with out letting the car move at all. A month ago i paid for two new drive shafts and got them installed. when i drove the car home from the mechanics which was a 45 minute drive, the car didnt make one noise. The next morning it was clunking again. It doesnt affect the cars performance or how it drives , i dont think. Its just loud and a bit embarresing and no one will put it on their dyno out of fear the diff will let go. Can any one help me out please or reccomend someone who knows what they are talking about with these cars, prefferably in melbourne please.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Aftermarket drive shafts are available if you are making extra power, maybe have a look in the main forum, buying one from the US might be cheaper than a local OEM spec one anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts