Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed my driver front window goes down only 98% and have to push the switch again for the last 2% strange any one else have same bug lol

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
Presume you've tried a reset

·
Registered
85 Posts
check window track to see if anything is obstructing the windows movement.

I had the same problem after "Johnny Law" made me remove my tint from my front door glasses. It was a little tint glue in the felt part of the tract causing my problem.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I wouldnt call it a "bug". It either wants setting up or its a fault.

If you hold the button in the "down" position does it still stop before it gets wide open ?
If it does you have a fault, which is either a stiff mechinism or a circuit breaker tripping at too low a current.

If the window runs all the way open when you give it a continuous "down" signal, it just needs the auto open and close setting up by operating fully open then fully closed while holding the button for an extra few seconds at each end. The procedure is in the owners manual.

jack

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,603 Posts
Similar to above give the window, glass and surround a good clean. Fixed mine when it decided to stop half way down

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no tints on front windows will try the reset tomorrow and see if it goes all the way down by holding the down button cheers for replys

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
also lube the runners around the inner window frame

·
Registered
266 Posts
im told this is the window regulator...i have tried the modual, i tried switching the relay...di8dnt work, i have both regulators on order now so ill let you know how that goes. but there is sensors in the regulators telling it that there is something in the way and wont keep rolling down, i guess those sensors burn out and and only lets you go a few inches at a time....

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
im told this is the window regulator...i have tried the modual, i tried switching the relay...di8dnt work, i have both regulators on order now so ill let you know how that goes. but there is sensors in the regulators telling it that there is something in the way and wont keep rolling down, i guess those sensors burn out and and only lets you go a few inches at a time....
Krukedking,

Seen your previous thread about yours only moving 2 inches a time.
Didnt you try removing the door cards and lubricating/freeing the mechinism before ordering the new items.

Jack

·
Registered
266 Posts
Krukedking,

Seen your previous thread about yours only moving 2 inches a time.
Didnt you try removing the door cards and lubricating/freeing the mechinism before ordering the new items.

Jack
i did not, i was told the sensors are what go bad.i will have the regulators here on monday so i will post up what i figure out. i push down on the window when i roll it down and it still does the same thing.. that tells me the sensors are bad.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
i did not, i was told the sensors are what go bad.i will have the regulators here on monday so i will post up what i figure out. i push down on the window when i roll it down and it still does the same thing.. that tells me the sensors are bad.
Were the parts expensive ?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Kicking and screaming never seem to work for me but makes me feel better.

I would have lubricated and checked it before ordering the bits you have though.

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Kicking and screaming never seem to work for me but makes me feel better.

I would have lubricated and checked it before ordering the bits you have though.

Jack
Me too!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well I got my used window regulators and low and behold swapping regulators and my windows work!! So the answer to this problem in the future, if your window auto feature does not work it is the window regulators, the sensors go bad causing it to think that there is something in the way!!!!h

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well did all the resets and even tryed to help it down with my finger but still stops about 98% down so will live with it lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts