Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anybody ever replaced their side view mirror. The one on my drivers side is pitted and actually turning color and getting hard to see out. Wonder if its simple job or if I take it some where if it costs a lot.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I am have the same problems with my driver's side mirror. the whole replacement mirror is close to $200. there has to be a way to do it.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Having the same issue, it appears that the glue that holds the mirror on becomes undone and causes the issue. In the winter when its cold it appears as cracks/snowflakes with the ice frozen in it. Dealer quoted me 279.00 to replace (price includes labor). He says the whole assembly needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
666 Posts
yup have the same problem looks like snowflakes and all clouded out, I have the autodim, i wish it was a recall
out of warnaty

getting ready to replace it dose anyone have pdf of how to remove the unit and or jpeg or instructions

·
Registered
666 Posts
Just bought a used unit on ebay

how do I remove the old one, I assume a cover on the inside of the door with some bolts

anyone change out a mirror?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Its actually very easy to do, should take you about 10 minutes. You're going to need to pop out the dark colored plastic rivets ( push pins ) that hold the upper door panel on. Then you're going to need to pull out the hard pastic that runs along the inside of the window. You don't need to pull it all the way off but just enough so you can get in on the inside of the mirror. Unplug the wires and I believe there are 3 little nuts in there that you need to remove. Pop the old mirror off, put the new one on and reverse the process.

The toughest thing is getting that hard plastic strip inside the window frame back on. It sits in a channel so start at one end and just massage it back into the channel along the frame of the window.

·
Registered
776 Posts
you can jst change out the glass piece - you dont need a whole assembly. I actually have a few laying around (dont ask!). Let me see what I have and if anyone wants one ill let it go cheap.

·
Registered
666 Posts
just got a email from the guy who sold be the used mirror on ebay turns out that one is all fogged out to

i would be interested in just the glass, is it autodim/

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
There are stick on mirror products out there. You still get defrost but you loose autodim. For less than $30 it might be worthwhile even to do on a temporary basis.

·
Registered
776 Posts
actually i sold all i had. check ebay though, you can normally pick up some good deals. i think i saw a 300c chrome set on there yesterday for $50...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just noticed mine is doing the SAME thing now....UGGH, makes it hard to see out of at night, very annoying, I wonder why this happened?

·
Registered
19 Posts
it is a pain. Like they said earlier in the thread it is due to the glass separating and causing it to go dark. If you can do without the auto dim function you can get the regular heated mirror (glass only not the whole thing) for about $38 shipped. buy it here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Foggy side view mirror

Wow, I had a feeling it wasn't just me having this problem. I can hardly see out of the mirror anymore. I am actually going to contact Chrysler...this is some.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Foggy side view mirror

Ok, I called Chrysler...and oh ofcourse telling me that they do not have information about this problem. Can everyone with this problem let Chrysler know, so that they can take responsiblity for a faulty product.
So, they told me to take it to my dealer to analyzis and then call them back. I am going tomorrow.
I might sound extremely angry, but if you only know of other issues that I have had with my 2005 300C. I will keep you updated about this mirror issue.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I Have The Same Problem I Noticed It Like 5 Days Ago...actually Mine Looks Like Dark Green And It Is Hard To See...so Here Is What I Did..you Guys Know How The Mirros Go Down When The Car Is On Reverse...so I Just Put Mine Straig They Don't Move Anymore And I Noticed After That That The Mirro When Back To Normal It Looks Good And It Haven't Chance Color...i Hope It Helps For You Guys

·
Registered
75 Posts
it is a pain. Like they said earlier in the thread it is due to the glass separating and causing it to go dark. If you can do without the auto dim function you can get the regular heated mirror (glass only not the whole thing) for about $38 shipped. buy it here
my only question is does it look any different than the existing mirrors? sorry if i sound cheap but only one of my mirrors went bad so if i can get away with replacing just the one then that would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my only question is does it look any different than the existing mirrors? sorry if i sound cheap but only one of my mirrors went bad so if i can get away with replacing just the one then that would be great.
If all you replace is the mirror glass there will be no noticeable difference. When I replaced mine, I went with just the heated glass as opposed to the heated auto dimming glass. It looked just like the pass side (just opposite)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts