Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now got a problem with the 300C. The driver's power seat is dead. It wont move in any direction using the seat switch or the memory buttons. It's a bit of a problem as my wife was the last to drive the car and she is 5'6" and I'm 6'4" with long legs. I've checked the relevant circuit breaker and it is fine. The are no click or whirrs when the seat switch or memory buttons are used.

Can anybody point me to what would be best to check next. Even a method of moving it backwards would help in the short term.

TIA

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If I remember right there's a connector for the seat wiring under each of the seats. Have you checked that's plugged in properly and are you getting power there?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, I've had a look under there but can't see anything amiss. I'm trying to familiarise myself with how it all works. As far as I understand it at the moment, the seat memory module takes instructions from the seat movement switch and the memory buttons and then sends the power to the relevant motors.

I'm wondering if it is this module that has packed up as I'm getting no life at all. Before I spend money and replace it though, I need to make sure it's getting power.

Just found this informative post from Kaiser Bill...

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/1574417-post15.html

If the Memory Seat Module is linked to the canbus, does this mean a replacement would need to tagged to suit my vehicle?

Now established that I am getting a 12v supply to the Memory Seat Module.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Paul. I'll give it a go at the weekend. I've got hold of a secondhand memory seat module so if changing over the passenger seat module over doesn't work, I'll try swapping that in.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theres also a small sensor that only on the drivers seat, maybe worth unplug and refitting. it must be a module, as all motors wouldnt break at the same time.
It's weird. Sod's law it packs up after my wife had been driving it. If I can't fix it, we may have to swap cars!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aaargh! Trying to sort this seat today. It's just above freezing, tipping down with sleet, the door is open and I'm upside down in the driver's footwell. Now realised that I can't get the module out without moving the seat back a couple of inches. I can't even remove the seat to get at the mechanism without moving the seat back a couple of inches. Catch 22!

Having to swap cars with my wife is now looking like a very real proposition. ::frown::

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is now fixed.

I ran an OBD diagnostic check as I coud do it without getting soaked and it threw up a U0100 code. Checking the interwebs showed that code to be a generic network communication fault. I cleared the code, swapped the input connector over from the seat MSM to the secondhand replacement module and ran the check again. No U0100. I was still a bit dubious as, in my haste I neglected to clear the code and retest with the original module still connected. Ten minutes of mouthing obscenities had the rear connections in place. It still didn't really expect it to work but it did. Haven't tested the memory function yet and may not as I'm just happy to be able to sit in the thing.

Incidentally while checking the OBD codes I discovered that I could do all sorts of stuff like blow the horn, turn individual headlights on and off etc. from my laptop.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Incidentally while checking the OBD codes I discovered that I could do all sorts of stuff like blow the horn, turn individual headlights on and off etc. from my laptop.
Ooooh, what software/hardware did you use to do that? Can you control the door mirrors with it? Need to do some faultfinding on mine, and that functionality would be awesome...

JD

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooooh, what software/hardware did you use to do that? Can you control the door mirrors with it? Need to do some faultfinding on mine, and that functionality would be awesome...

JD
I don't think I noticed the mirrors on the list. It would have been useful to been able to have operated the seats too. Seemed to be mainly lights and wipers etc. Plus a few oddities like the electric cabin heater elements, radiator cooling fans. I would have to connect it up to see exactly what is there... but it's snowing outside and I am sat by the fire. Next time I hook it up, I'll check and report back. It may be next weekend though.

I got it as a temporary fix to clear ABS related codes that locked the trans into 1st gear.

The software is branded Delphi.

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I don't think there is a "standard" ELM327 adaptor - some work better than others. The one you use with TorquePro should work, but the cheap one I intially bought for TorquePro wasn't perfect as it kept coming up with comms error messages. I subsequently upgraded to an OBDLinkLX adaptor, tested and recommended by TorquePro. This adaptor proved faultless and very fast, but not particularly cheap. I suppose you get what you pay for. Fortunately, I managed to get a large discount via Amazon at the time. I think diagFCA recommend this adaptor. I would like to get hold of diagFCA, but first I need to acquire a laptop with a suitable version of Windows.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm considering it although it does overlap with the Delphi that I already have. Of more use at the moment would be a version for my wife's Nitro.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Memory Seat

Can't set the memory. If I try to recall memory 1 or 2 it's always going all the way back. I also hear no tones or anything when I try to set memory 1 or 2.
??

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After I swapped the seat control module for the secondhand one, the memory seat didn't work and, whenever I unlocked the car, the driver's seat would power all the way forward and then recline all the way back. I solved this by recalibrating the seat by powering it through the full range of movements. The memory worked after that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts