Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 2011 300c has a problem. When you turn the car off, the driver seat doesn't slide back automatically like it should. This feature is ofcourse enabled on the dash. Does anyone have any ideas? It use to be an intermittent fault, now the seat memory module was replaced by Chrysler, the seat never automatically slides back at all.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi all, my 2011 300c has a problem. When you turn the car off, the driver seat doesn't slide back automatically like it should. This feature is ofcourse enabled on the dash. Does anyone have any ideas? It use to be an intermittent fault, now the seat memory module was replaced by Chrysler, the seat never automatically slides back at all.
was a common thing with the last 2 300c`s i had before the current SRT. Just shit electronics that Chrysler have in them..Along with the wipers coming on randomly when there is no rain about lol.
good luck cheers
Geoff:wavey:

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Does it work if you press just the I or II buttons on the seat memory switch?

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Im guessing you have checked near the back of the track that there is nothing really small in there or run your fingers in it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
On my 2006, if the seat was already "too far back" ( beyond a certain point), it wouldn't move any further.
Not sure if this is your problem or not?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I can tell you now it will be a soft wear or electrical issue as both my 2008 and my 2010 300c`s both had issues with the seats and Chrysler could never find a problem. Same went for the wipers going when ever they wanted to even on dry hot days without any rain.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it is a software glitch perhaps unhooking the battery for a minute would help.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
If it is a software glitch perhaps unhooking the battery for a minute would help.
no and even taking it to the monkeys at a dealership won't fix it as they have no ****ing idea whats wrong with them if anything lol.just except it is shit and do as Chrysler expect live with it as they are good at selling poor quality and not wanting to know or do anything about it.
Cheers
Geoff:buttkick:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The dealer replaced the seat module under warranty, flashed it with the latest software update, now all good. Although took approximately 4 months and 5 visits to resolve.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Glad they have finally found it and replaced it for you and of course its now working.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, it is a bit of a rarity with dealership service departments.

Given the cost of Chrysler parts, it's one feature I prefer to have turned off, I figure the seat will only go forwards and backwards so many times, especially with my 110 kg sitting on top of it.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, it is a bit of a rarity with dealership service departments.

Given the cost of Chrysler parts, it's one feature I prefer to have turned off, I figure the seat will only go forwards and backwards so many times, especially with my 110 kg sitting on top of it.
Like any machine, it does require some TLC every now and then to keep it up and running.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts