Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since getting the car out of the dealer's shop the other day for the PCM replacement, the driver's seat has ceased to slide back and forth as it did prior to going into the shop.

The steering wheel still does its thing automatically.

Something electronic may have been disturbed by the process of replacing the PCM.

I plan to redo my preset preferences sometime over this weekend to see if the seat comes back to life.

If not another visit to the dealer's shop will be schedued.

"Nothing's simple, Lady!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Mine is pretty finicky, try starting the car, waiting for the wheel to return to driving position, then nudging the seat back about 1/2 inch. Mine seems to need this encouragement often, it's to the point that the seat is too far forward now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Have you guys tried 'playing' with the presets (1 & 2) to see if using them a couple times might 'override' the problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Move it forward just slightly and see if that works. Mine is adjusted right on the edge of working/not working, sometimes I need to move it forward just a touch for it to work again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I would suggest that, in their efforts changing out your PCM, they dumped your presets.

Possibly they attempted to reset a few items.....or perhaps they didn't. That would explain getting something like the steering wheel only. Either way, reset everything they way you want it and re-memorise the preset. Don't forget to re-train it to your key as well (assuming you had that set before too).

Just about any time you give your car over to the trained monkeys in the service bays....you can about plan on putting up with this sort of thing. Lost memories. Lost radio presets. Upon occasion....lost mileage because some git decided it was time to go get lunch. (I rather enjoy berating svc managers when this happens. Especially as they think you won't be clever enough to notice.)


....sT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
DESIREE said:
Since getting the car out of the dealer's shop the other day for the PCM replacement, the driver's seat has ceased to slide back and forth as it did prior to going into the shop.

The steering wheel still does its thing automatically.

Something electronic may have been disturbed by the process of replacing the PCM.

I plan to redo my preset preferences sometime over this weekend to see if the seat comes back to life.

If not another visit to the dealer's shop will be schedued.

"Nothing's simple, Lady!"

mine stopped going back on it's own....worked fine for the first month then it just stopped....it may be a bug in alot more than we know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
ESD errased memory

My car had this problem. I took it to the dealer and they said this is a known problem. Basically, static can discharge on the module and the memory is erased. He mentioned a recall for 300 with cloth seats. It is a new module and differnt bolt for grounding. Perhaps even an insulation on the door. But my car has leather seats and I'm the second one at this dealter with the problem on leather seats.

:( Deep Lava Red
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
DeepLavaRed said:
My car had this problem. I took it to the dealer and they said this is a known problem. Basically, static can discharge on the module and the memory is erased. He mentioned a recall for 300 with cloth seats. It is a new module and differnt bolt for grounding. Perhaps even an insulation on the door. But my car has leather seats and I'm the second one at this dealter with the problem on leather seats.

:( Deep Lava Red
If I don't keep my hand on the door (fingers touching the moulding on the bottom of the glass), I get a static shock when exiting. I also have leather seats.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, over the weekend I pulled out the owner's manual and revisited the preset memeory setup. That manual gets a bit ambiguous and redundant.
After the first try the seat slid back, but the steering column stopped moving!
The second try got it.
I am keeping an eye on this phenomenon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Sorry guys, but Chrysler does not know how to fix the seat problem. They have replace the drivers seat modules in my 300 twice. The sear will work for 3-4 weeks then stop again.

I still have so many electrical problems with my 300C, that I'm going to repaint my car (Lemon) yellow.

Sorry to hear you are having the same problems.

Gary Freedman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Sorry guys, but Chrysler does not know how to fix this problem. I have have the seat modules replaced twice and each time the seat works for about 3-4 weeks. The steering wheel does go up, but doesn't always return to the memory position. I have to press the memory button.

I still have so many electrical problems with my 300C, I ready to repaint my car (Lemon) yellow!!

Regards,

Gary Freedman
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Gary Freedman said:
.....I still have so many electrical problems with my 300C, I ready to repaint my car (Lemon) yellow!!
Kinda like my '35 Ford? (See License Plate)
... Sorry, didn't mean to make light of your troubles, just make you smile! :D Hope you can work it out!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
I have same problem

Well, I have encounter the bug (seat glide) no problems for 8 months and what do you know I exit Mrs SexC and nothing steering wheel didn't go up seat didn't go back. So of course I reset the memory and again nothing after a few attempts. I made the call, dealership had Mrs SexC for about 1 1/2 hours before calling me back and stated sorry to inform you but we have to replaced the seat memory module and of course it isn't in so I will get a post card when it do come in. Funny how you miss the little perks when there absent! :(
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,585 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Kinda like my '35 Ford? (See License Plate)
... Sorry, didn't mean to make light of your troubles, just make you smile! :D Hope you can work it out!

Wow! What a car. Do you still have it? Very nice shade of yellow too.

Rambit
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Oh no, not you too Angi!! :eek: Hope Mrs. SexC is fully operational soon so you don't miss your perks for too long.

Rambit: Thanks! No, I sold her about 2 years ago and bought my Nomad. But the people that bought it are in our street rod club so I get to see her all the time, just not so sure that's a good thing. I was emotionally attached- it was the 1st street rod we built 19 years ago and traveled all over the US (& canada once) in it. It was '77 Corvette yellow, but photos never do yellow justice. I kept the plates for the Nomad, which will be yellow too. Thanks again... ;)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
14,585 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Rambit: Thanks! No, I sold her about 2 years ago and bought my Nomad.
It was '77 Corvette yellow, but photos never do yellow justice. I kept the plates for the Nomad, which will be yellow too. Thanks again... ;)
I don't know, the yellow looks just fine in the picture. Is is the same yellow as the Nomad? Who's that cute "girl" with her greasy hands all over the paint job? :D

Rambit
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Rambit said:
I don't know, the yellow looks just fine in the picture. Is is the same yellow as the Nomad? Who's that cute "girl" with her greasy hands all over the paint job? :D

Rambit
Thanks, hubbeee painted the '35 and is redoing the Nomad for me now. The new yellow is the same as the newer VW bug.

umm, I don't know who that "girl" is... :rolleyes:
(P.S. didn't mean to cause a hijack guys)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
My seat auto glide has stopped working for the second or third time. In the past it started working again in a couple of days, on its own. The function is still turned "ON" in the Personal Settings menu. Reseting the memory does not help restore the function. I have tried retracting the seat with the seat control button and then pressing the driver memory button #1. The seat glides forward to the preset position like normal. But, when I take out the key out of the ignition... no auto glide to the rear. At one point for two cycles, the auto unlock for all doors, when the driver's door opens stopped functioning. The third cycle, the unlock function worked again. But the auto glide backward still does not work.

Now along with the chrome wheel corrosion problem, I will say something about the auto glide of the driver's seat not working. I have take digital pics of the chrome wheel corrosion and will send them in an email to my
Chrysler salesman.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top