Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got some weird issues with my 2009 300C drivers side power windows. When going up it it will stop anywhere from 1/3 way up to 2/3 up then start going down about 75% of the time. It does it with the one touch, or even if I hold the switch up, so getting it up is quite a battle. About 25% of the time it works fine going up, and 100% of the time going down, passenger side works fine.

After reading some posts, I replaced the switch and it's still happening exactly as it did before. I have gone through the re-learn procedure many times, with multiple variations, still the same issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Think it's incorrectly reading resistance going up? it stops in the same locations each time and starts retreating.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Likely the resistance going up.

Had that on my 2009. Cured it by:
1. Washing the window and the rubber surrounds really well with windows open and closed.
2. Spraying the rubber surrounds (with the windows open) with a light silicone spray like GT85 GT85® Professional Spray & Bike Maintenance - GT85 UK (or equivalent in the US). The windows then moved up and down so much better and were OK for a couple of years until I upgraded to my 2014

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,567 Posts
Try this:

1. Press the down button, don't lift your finger and hold it to a count of 3 once the glass bottoms out in the door.
2. Pull the up button, keep holding it up and hold to a count of 3 once the glass has fully risen to the top.

Repeat those steps 2 more times in quick succession.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts