Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Well this is the first run I did in Europe with the GripTuning front end, about 200km into my trip I saw the check TPMS light come on, oh god I thought, well what happen was the air being forced into the front end caused the skid plat/drip plate whatever its called to unfasten from the grip tuning fascia, I looked under the car an did not see anything, continued to drive another 10 km an heard what sounded like a flat, it ws the under belly skid plastic that came loose, I think in the USA these are great to look at but they do not use it like we do in Europe, 140 km/hr average, to much wind goes into the vents blowing down on the plastic, recommendations is to secure the plastic with lock pins an screw it on, oh by the way the wind push so hard that the innner fender wells(plastic) rubbed agaisnt the tire, thats whay my warning came on the pressure was 2,9 bar. Arriving in Belgium I noticed the front upper portion where the facsia meets the upper fender(OEM) has misalinged both side(sticksout) I will send some pics to GT to see if a solution can be done

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Hi
Well this is the first run I did in Europe with the GripTuning front end, about 200km into my trip I saw the check TPMS light come on, oh god I thought, well what happen was the air being forced into the front end caused the skid plat/drip plate whatever its called to unfasten from the grip tuning fascia, I looked under the car an did not see anything, continued to drive another 10 km an heard what sounded like a flat, it ws the under belly skid plastic that came loose, I think in the USA these are great to look at but they do not use it like we do in Europe, 140 km/hr average, to much wind goes into the vents blowing down on the plastic, recommendations is to secure the plastic with lock pins an screw it on, oh by the way the wind push so hard that the innner fender wells(plastic) rubbed agaisnt the tire, thats whay my warning came on the pressure was 2,9 bar. Arriving in Belgium I noticed the front upper portion where the facsia meets the upper fender(OEM) has misalinged both side(sticksout) I will send some pics to GT to see if a solution can be done
Because I cannot see the situation as a whole, I will give you solutions to two possible problems:

1. The fascia may have come loose. I assume you have already checked this, but I thought I would throw it out there just in case. This is not something that I've ever seen happen, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Make sure the fascia bolts and all of the pins (wheel well and under hood) are still connected.

2. In our installation instructions, we recommend that the belly pan is not installed on the fascia, but you have indicated that you had it installed. Having the belly pan on may have caused the fascia to catch more air than it should and flex while driving. Since it was a long drive, the belly pan may have caused the fascia to be in a flexed position for long enough for the material to "remember" the flexed position. You should be able to get the original shape back by either waiting to see if it will come back to the original shape or taking the fascia off and heating it slightly from the inside where the fitment issues are occurring.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removed the fender trim an saw that the fascia had indeed moved forward, I undid the inner liner an reached in to touch the bolt holding the fascia, pushing from the front moved the fascia back to its normal position, a tought would be to use some locktite on the bolt, however the tip of the fascia where it meets the OEM fender at the headlight could use improvemt to be tighter,perhaps some horseshoe shape washers under the lip of the fascia where it meets the connection points on the OEM section would help to keep that point tight or drill a hole an use a strip to bing the two pieces together

1 - 3 of 3 Posts