Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took my 2006 300c to the dealers' and the tech guy said he would try and enable the DRLs for free.. I didn't tell him that my original car did not come with stock navi and parksense installed. I had installed the NAVI later and done the Nav2Go mod on it. He tried a few times with the starscan tool but the DRLS would not come on. I then told him that maybe the NAV needed to be "registered"? - He obliged and ran the starscan on the "install NAV" menu item and I was able to see NAV details on the EVIC and controls via the steering wheel buttons that I did not have prior to this "flash".. Long story short, the DRLs have not been enabled but I now have NAVI controls on the wheel.. lose some, win some :) Now I have an appointment with another dealer who said theu=y wouild charge me 20$ to do this and I asked specifically whetehr they would charge if they were unable toi enable it. They said they wouldn't charge though they seemed to be puzzled that I should even THINK that it wasn't possible...Again, I haven't mentioned the parksense, stock NAVI issue to them- Let em figure that out.. Monday will tell the difference :

Jaydee

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
jaydee said:
Well I took my 2006 300c to the dealers' and the tech guy said he would try and enable the DRLs for free.. I didn't tell him that my original car did not come with stock navi and parksense installed. I had installed the NAVI later and done the Nav2Go mod on it. He tried a few times with the starscan tool but the DRLS would not come on. I then told him that maybe the NAV needed to be "registered"? - He obliged and ran the starscan on the "install NAV" menu item and I was able to see NAV details on the EVIC and controls via the steering wheel buttons that I did not have prior to this "flash".. Long story short, the DRLs have not been enabled but I now have NAVI controls on the wheel.. lose some, win some :) Now I have an appointment with another dealer who said theu=y wouild charge me 20$ to do this and I asked specifically whetehr they would charge if they were unable toi enable it. They said they wouldn't charge though they seemed to be puzzled that I should even THINK that it wasn't possible...Again, I haven't mentioned the parksense, stock NAVI issue to them- Let em figure that out.. Monday will tell the difference :

Jaydee
Vely Intelesting, and clevel too!
Well, I guess that didn't fool anybody.
If you've got the time, drive'em nuts. They just may be in for a letdown. Or maybe you'll get a kid who is good with his X-Box and he'll have your $20 in a flash (pun, pun).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts