Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, Thursday, November 3, 2005, is V-DRL Day :usa: for LX owners - the day the mystery as to why very few cars were able to have DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) enabled was finally solved.

Ever since DESIREE posted his success with having his DRLs enabled I've been trying to get mine to activate as well. Two visits to my very accomodating dealer, involving a total of 3 StarSCAN units and a couple dozen attempts were fruitless - DRLs showed enabled in starscan but would not function in real life.

Why would a few cars enable and others not was the mystery.

Last evening, as I was reviewing the list of changes to the latest CD update to starscan, version 6.03, the mystery was solved - the latest CD update to starscan, released 9/19/05 contained, among many other improvements, a fix to the DRL enablement option. Mystery solved: Those who had been successful had been enabled with an updated starscan unit, those of us for whom DRL enabling was a frustrating failure were using starscan units that were lacking the 6.03 update.

Today, at 7:15 AM Arizona time, with a starscan unit that proudly touted its 6.03 update in the upper RH corner, my tech & I successfully activated DRLs on my 300C. The process is simple: Enable, Disable, with accompanying tones & warnings lights, Enable. Done deal. Works good, lasts long time.

So head to your dealer with a dozen Krispy Kremes, a smile and "version 6.03 CD-only update" stenciled on your eyelid. You should come away a happy camper. :)

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
closed...

Thread copy for reference...
An open version of this thread can be found here, in the General Discussion forum for any questions.

Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.