Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the driver side exhaust is drooping down a bit compared to the passenger side. I have the stock system. Checked the exhaust hangers, and they were all in place... It's a good inch lower where it bends outwards to the side of the car in the vicinity of the rear axle.
Anybody else have this?
I noticed when walking up my driveway looking at er from the back.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I had this exact same problem on both SRT-4s, however on those cars it is because the entire exhaust runs down the drivers' side before terminating at the back, so all the weight is on the drivers' side hanger.

The SRT8s are different as they're dual all the way back. I'd bring it into the dealership for adjustment via warranty if I were you. Being OCD, unaligned tips drives me nuts.

Now I gotta go check my car.... still aligned. So far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It's weird.. The passenger side is one piece, while the driver side has two pieces behind the
"x-pipe"
It's connected by two bolts which won't let me rotate it at all... Almost seems like the aft driver side exhaust just wasn't produced with correct bends..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
check the pipes nearer the front - you can get some rotational adjustment where theres a joint there, which may give you enough to level them up. Also the joint after the x pipe can be loosened off & the pipe moved before retightening (over tightening can pull them out of sync too)

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have this as well drives me nuts. i did bring it up to dealership while at my last service. without taking off the bumper there is not much they could do it's still uneven. next time i'm in for service i may just leave it there and let them take things apart. no reason this should be able to be aligned

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I messed with it for a while and gave up. Short of taking the whole rear driver side exhaust and bending it to fit better, I don't see how they can fix it. I thought about bending the hanger a bit, but it wouldn't be enough.
It is annoying though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just saw this post and had to reply and say that my tips are uneven as well...and it pisses me off. Had the local garage try to fix it while they were putting my new tires on, but after 1/2 hour of messing around they gave up. Might need to get it to someone that specializes in exhaust one of these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts