Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have become a vendor for the new INVISION REVOLUTION Dual Headrest DVD players. These DVD headrests replace the factory originals with DVD player headrest that meets Federal Safety Standards.

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]REVOLUTION DVD SYSTEM[/font]
  • 7-inch Color TFT-LCD monitor​
  • Fully integrated Top -loading Slot Load DVD player​
  • Infrared transmitters for IR Wireless Headphones​
  • Game ports on the front of the monitor​
  • Adjustable monitor (Excellent positioning for the smaller stature individual---KIDS)​
  • On screen display control (OSD)​
  • Monitor with 16:9 aspect ratio​
  • Infrared Transmitters for IR Wireless Headphones (Separate channels allow for each monitor independent program viewing)​
  • Video/Audio Input and Output jacks on the front of the monitor​
  • Earphone jack (DVD/Monitor) for wired headphones​
  • Forward remote Sensor on the front panel​
  • 5 control buttons on the front panel (play/stop/eject/power and source)​
  • 12V DC Power Input​
  • Custom cables for Quick installation​
  • LCD backlighting- CCFL​
  • Resolution- 1440 (W) x 234 (H)​
  • Pixels- 336,960​
  • Operation Temperature 0-60 degrees Celsius​
  • Storage Temperature negative 20-80 degrees Celsius​
  • Expected Backlight life- 10,000hours​
  • Sensitivity- 35 db
  • Video Display system: NTSC
  • Audio Output= [email protected]
  • Operating Voltage 11 to 16 VDC

We will be offering these at an introductory price of $1795.00 plus shipping.

They are available for the following vehicles.

Dodge Magnum 2005
M. Slate Grey smooth texture PT#INREV73047
Lt. Graystone smooth texture PT#INREV73044

Chrysler 300 2005
Lt. Graystone smooth texture PT#INREV73044
M. Slate Grey smooth texture PT#INREV73047
M. Slate Grey rough texture PT#INREV73047

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like how these are independent units. Kinda cool for those that have kids and each kid wishes to watch something different.

How do you power these units? Is there a wire to run through the seat somewhere?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BrilliantBlackHemi said:
I like how these are independent units. Kinda cool for those that have kids and each kid wishes to watch something different.

How do you power these units? Is there a wire to run through the seat somewhere?
Yes, there is a harness that goes down through the seat back. According to the instructions, it looks fairly simple to do. I think they supply you with a feeder wire that you push down through the seatback from the top, attach the wires, and pull them through to the bottom. The units ARE independent of one another, one child can watch a movie with thier headset on channel A, the second child can play video games with thier headsets on channel B. This is really a slick setup for rear seat entertainment. They are a good price too, considering the prices for the single overhead units that we add to many new cars here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Only thing I don't like about them is that you can cot connect an external video source through the back that is conceiled. You have to plug it in on the front panel.

I plan to go the video switches route. DVD, XBOX/DVD/Computer...each screen can pick from any of those sources. Which is turn is 2 DVD players as the XBOX has one in it as well.

So if this had rear ports to connect in audio and video sources it would make it much more attractive

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is there anyway to sync the two players as well incase two people in the back want to watch the same thing? How is the quality of the screen, ie do you see high contrast change at angles?

Thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, there is a jumper harness that plugs into both units to allow the same video to be displayed on both screens. The headphones are switchable as well, so they can listen to the same audio.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am seriously considering this as an option at the moment. Do you have an estimated shipping price to montreal, canada?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Question: Is there a fm modulator to run this system throught the stock system?

·
Registered
96 Posts
yes I realize that, I was wondering if you had a pic of the actual product in question installed, rather than the generic model pics.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have some being shipped in right now, and when they get here, I will put one in a 300 and take a photo for you. I will not hook up the wiring, as the unit coming in is a display unit for our show room, but it will give you a good idea of how it will look.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will know more info next week. The company is currently selling nearly 1000 a week, so this should be a high quality product that is gaining appeal to many consumers. I love the idea of having 2 separate players, with the ability to watch the same thing on both screens. Also with the FM converter, being able to play it over the car stereo system is pretty cool.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The system is great. They are 2 totally individual systems, using one electrical source (usually the power supply plug in the floor console). There is a jumper harness that plugs in the front of both units to display the same video image on both units. The optional FM converter works great, it plugs directly into the power supply harness, then the connection to the radio is wireless. The system has a great picture, and the audio is top notch in the headphones, or through the car stereo. The only difficult part of the installation was seperating the seat cover at the bottom to get access to the wire you feed down through the head rest post. This seam is a snap together seam at the bottom of the seat back, it is difficult to peal apart and snap back together. The floor console needs to be loosened up enough to gain access to the wiring at the power plug, then you just splice into it using the supplied splices. The headrest is ratcheted, so you can tilt it to remove any glare on the screen, though we have yet to see any. The leather color is a very close match, it is extremely hard to tell a difference. It is a great setup!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts