Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some photos of some 300's and several other vehicles that I took over the weekend while attending the DUB Superseries car show in Houston Tx. It was great to finally meet 300con22's and Double Deuce. ENJOY!!!!


























 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Man, where are the crack concession stands and DIY meth lab seminars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Thanks for the pic's. Whats up with the 300C with Bentley emblems?Hmmmmm.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Thanks for the photos :) :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I don't get those that bash or hate custom car shows? Maybe some just don't understand what a Custom Car Show is? DUH! That is why it is called a CUSTOM CAR SHOW - it is for cars that have been customized and in order to win trophies or get business you have to do wild stuff and show your imagination. Don't you get it? NEWSFLASH! You don't go to a custom car show to see stock vehicles.

You go to the show you will see cars you like and some you don't but the ones you don't like someone else will. The idea behind these show is to over do it and show whats possible. These vehicles are not daily drivers.

Must don't have Custom Car show in the sticks or backwoods or something. :D

I beat you'd be dissappointed if you went to a Bikini or Wet T-Shirt Contest and all the woman had 'A' Cups and missing teeth. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
E55 KEV said:
I don't get those that bash or hate custom car shows? Maybe some just don't understand what a Custom Car Show is? DUH! That is why it is called a CUSTOM CAR SHOW - it is for cars that have been customized and in order to win trophies or get business you have to do wild stuff and show your imagination. Don't you get it? NEWSFLASH! You don't go to a custom car show to see stock vehicles.

You go to the show you will see cars you like and some you don't but the ones you don't like someone else will. The idea behind these show is to over do it and show whats possible. These vehicles are not daily drivers.

Must don't have Custom Car show in the sticks or backwoods or something. :D
Dude, I have been going to car shows for a good part of my 39 year life. I don't bash shows where TRUE customization happens...like hot rods of old, converted '50's cars into something completely different, etc. What I don't get and never will is the proliferation of ghettofied, bad rap video wannabees all doing basically the same thing with wheels, drops, neon, video screens, like every other bling master at shows like shown above. Hardly a wealth of 'imagination' there. Your opinion is yours...fine. My opinion is this is not customization, just hopping on a bandwagon like the ricer syndrome of fart can exhausts and ridiculous wings.

Also, if I had a choice...and I did...I much prefer my life in 'the sticks or backwoods'...peace, quiet, land, horses, dogs, etc., etc., etc., all without the joy of thumping bass and screeching tires of rides like seen above. Yeah we have shows, but I go into town for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
e55 Kev u are fighting a losing battle.....there are some on this forum whose prejudice and stereotypical viewpoints won't allow thwem to understand the beauty of individual expression! BTW you're in the metro area..let's see if we can establish a meet of like minds. I'm in Ft. Wash MD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh,
You're talking about the parking lot shows where it's a buddy system? Yeah I've been to a few of those, and get first place every time.... I've got so many plaques and trophies that I don't know what to do with it's not even funny. To me I'll stick with the DUB shows and the like. Where there are actually paid judges that grade your car on a point system.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
jjs said:
Dude, I have been going to car shows for a good part of my 39 year life. I don't bash shows where TRUE customization happens...like hot rods of old, converted '50's cars into something completely different, etc. What I don't get and never will is the proliferation of ghettofied, bad rap video wannabees all doing basically the same thing with wheels, drops, neon, video screens, like every other bling master at shows like shown above. Hardly a wealth of 'imagination' there. Your opinion is yours...fine. My opinion is this is not customization, just hopping on a bandwagon like the ricer syndrome of fart can exhausts and ridiculous wings.

Also, if I had a choice...and I did...I much prefer my life in 'the sticks or backwoods'...peace, quiet, land, horses, dogs, etc., etc., etc., all without the joy of thumping bass and screeching tires of rides like seen above. Yeah we have shows, but I go into town for them.
What other custom stuff can one expect on a modern car like a 300C or a Hummer H2? Can you answer that in your intelligent wisdom? How would a 300C or H2 owner customize his car if he looked like the guy 'you' see in the mirror to be entered in a modern custom car show to attract business or win trophies? What would a non "ghettofied, bad rap video wannabees" person like you do?

I guess you like the "A" cups! So don't bash those that like Double D's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
This kind of talk makes people run away from this site, this is sad...

This DUB deal I like and it's an excellent idea, HEY look its working,,,NORMAL cars not a bunch of godzillion dollar rides, trophys/plaques for all, bragging rights and more...

Please, respect us, thanks

So I guess all of us here with anything other than a stock car are what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
customization....

I'm not tring to start a war, and what someone does to his own car is his/her business.

But....

The 300C is NOT a Bentley. That's almost as wrong as putting Lambo or Ferrari emblems on those Fiero kit cars. My first car was a Fiero, and believe me...it's far from anything those manufacturers would even consider putting their name on.

Not a sermon, just a thought. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
joshmillslane said:
I'm not tring to start a war, and what someone does to his own car is his/her business.

But....

The 300C is NOT a Bentley. That's almost as wrong as putting Lambo or Ferrari emblems on those Fiero kit cars. My first car was a Fiero, and believe me...it's far from anything those manufacturers would even consider putting their name on.

Not a sermon, just a thought. :)
Who here said the car WAS a Bentley???? I sure haven't. The only person that I have seen try and make their car look like one was at DUB in Houston with the Bentley emblems.... I don't think he is registered here on the forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Thanks fast4door; MOST of those cars are awesome! I would love to have some of those mods especially some of the rims on the cars.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
Everyone knows that the Chrsyler 300 is not a Bentley. That is a 'no-brainer'. Many of these mods are done for laughs and giggles and for the fun of it. The owners of these car may just slap some of this stuff on to compete in the contest which is all about getting attention or getting business. Custom cars are supposed to be blatant bordering on the ridiculous. Every generation of people and cars have certain custom styles. Some may only like vintage cars or hot-rods or low-riders or monster trucks or Nascar or Funny Cars or Choppers, whatever. Each of them is built for a specific purpose or market. I can appreciate them all because it shows that the owner has some passion and some truely wild imagination. Most of the these vehicles are show cars and not daily drivers and those that don't like them have lost sight of what the cars truly are - Custom Show Cars.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top