Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynamat vs. Fatmat vs. Raammat

I just ordered 1 pack of dynamat extreme on ebay for 120 with shipping and everything. I know that 36sq ft isn't going to be enough, so now i'm thinking about getting a roll of Rammat for the same price. Thoughts on all three of these?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
All the same. If money is no object go with dynamat because of the company name. If you compared all 3 together, you wouldn't notice much of a difference. The Dynamat tends to stick a bit better.

I used fatmat and actually preferrred it over dynamat. Its more piable, making it easier to work with.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about trying RAAMMAT, but I might just order one of those huge rolls of FATMAT instead

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dynomat is more expensive. Fatmat leaves a distinct odor. I used both. In the future I am going with Dynomat exclusively.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigwise1 said:
i would choose between second skin, dynamat extreme, or stinger roadkill and go with whichever you can get the best price on.
Do you have anything against Fatmat or Raammat?

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm still in the process of completing my deading with fatmat. The stuff works great. I only have a hard time finding time to complete the dang thing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
turbohips said:
I'm still in the process of completing my deading with fatmat. The stuff works great. I only have a hard time finding time to complete the dang thing.
First, does fatmat leave an odd odor like someone else posted? Also, if you were to do this again, would you use fatmat exclusively, or would you try something new? I don't know why, but for some reason, I'm leaning towards the Raammat.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mikew2069,
I couldn't really notice any odor but then again I had worked on the car outside and had plenty of breeze. I also spent hours with the trunk open and had time to get any odor out if there was any. Now that the car is put back together, I still have the new car smell. Maybe my nose is stuffed but really couldn't smell anything. I went to my garage to actualy smell the fatmat because of this post. I do see how people could say there is a slight smell but when it's all put together in the car, you won't smell anything.
To answer your other question, I don't see why I wouldn't stick with fatmat. It was far cheaper and I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't used anything else before but this works just as well from what I'm told. Because the package came with 100 sq, I think that I had a lot more material and ended up with more damping thus better performance. I've added up to four layers on some parts to increase density.
Either way, from my research, all the stuff is really the same.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
turbohips said:
Mikew2069,
I couldn't really notice any odor but then again I had worked on the car outside and had plenty of breeze. I also spent hours with the trunk open and had time to get any odor out if there was any. Now that the car is put back together, I still have the new car smell. Maybe my nose is stuffed but really couldn't smell anything. I went to my garage to actualy smell the fatmat because of this post. I do see how people could say there is a slight smell but when it's all put together in the car, you won't smell anything.
To answer your other question, I don't see why I wouldn't stick with fatmat. It was far cheaper and I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't used anything else before but this works just as well from what I'm told. Because the package came with 100 sq, I think that I had a lot more material and ended up with more damping thus better performance. I've added up to four layers on some parts to increase density.
Either way, from my research, all the stuff is really the same.
That's the difference!!! If you get 2 to 3 times more product, then you can put more layers and thus be as good as the name brands. Good post!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had installed over 2 layers of Raammat all over my Impala SS (2 everywhere, 4 other places like the doors), the doors, the floor, the trunk, trunk lid, roof and firewall and it stuck great. The stuff is extremely pliable, and works excellent. The glue on it is insanely sticky, sometimes too much so if you place it wrong.

It does have an odor, but it wears off :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts