Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did some dyno runs on a mustang dyno last weekend, after I found out that my
car already has a predator tune installed. Other modifications are cat back magnaflow exhaust and mopar CAI.

I attached a file with the numbers but here they are: 368 hp and 363 tq. It was a very
warm day and I had a tank of 94 oct gas.

Do you think the numbers are fair?

Is it true that mustang dyno reads lower than other dynos (around 5%)??? If I want to calculate motor HP, what percentage should I use as efficiency (18%)?

Thank you and it was a really fun day! After I went to drag race and make 8 pass and the
3 best were 13.22... I hope I could do better than that!

Good evening!

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
The title to this one really grabbed me. I ran my stock 06 SRT8, on a dynojet (pretty sure it was) ran 383HP. When I installed the 93 Octane with CAI canned tuned I got 380, with added timing and fuel. I was disappointed with the results but the low end torque management release is still worth it. I believe, or have heard mustang dynos read 5%-10% light. My quarter mile is also on par with yours. Good luck with future mods.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
412 hp is quite impressive! Only with predator?

Your 1/4 mile time is good. I would like to go below 13 sec with the mods I have...

That means I sould improve my racing skills, especially on the start...

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
Dyno's do really mean nothing.

It's all about performance. My first SRT8 with just a canned Pred and Mopar CAI on Toyo Proxes 4 cutting a 1.99 60 did 12.88 in cool October air with good track prep.

That's all anyone needs to worry about.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
It's all about that 60 time... get 2 seconds or less and you should be in the 12s. I still suck and am working on it. Do you remember your tire pressure vvv90 by chance? I'm playing with my Toyo's to see the best launch but haven't found a sweet spot yet.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
It's all about that 60 time... get 2 seconds or less and you should be in the 12s. I still suck and am working on it. Do you remember your tire pressure vvv90 by chance? I'm playing with my Toyo's to see the best launch but haven't found a sweet spot yet.
For me it was 25psi and the lowest I cut was a 1.98 I believe. That was with no burnout (just a little spin to clean the tires) and launching off idle.

If I launched off idle I couldn't break the tires lose at all.

We do have awesome track prep here though.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
412 hp is quite impressive! Only with predator?

Your 1/4 mile time is good. I would like to go below 13 sec with the mods I have...

That means I sould improve my racing skills, especially on the start...

I don't know if it's been mentioned but it's absolutely important to start in auto-stick 1st gear. Let the car hit redline and shift on it's own (That means if you have a '06 that's never had a TCM flash you'll need it.)

The reason is because if you start in D and get a little wheel slip the car will go into nanny mode and upshift you into 3rd and absolutely kill your time.

It's the number one reason you see stock SRT8's in the 14's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's true! I always drag on autostick and I got the auto-upshift feature. However, I am not able to
do less than 2.1 on the 60 ft... I never put my rear tires to 25 psi though... maybe I should try it!

One thing I like with the srt8 is that it is pretty consistent. I can do 8-10 passes all between 13.2 and 13.4.

So, I guess I will continue to work on my launch skills!

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
You can do better than 2.1 60 ft., but most of the time the track prep for test & tune only sessions is very poor. I get my best ETs when there are other events with the really fast cars, such as gamblers races with the Outlaw cars. I have done many low 2.00 60 fts and even managed a 1.9 on one occassion. A 2 second flat 60 ft. should yield a 12.90 ET or better with our cars on a day with DA less than 1000. Just keep practicing.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
One thing I like with the srt8 is that it is pretty consistent. I can do 8-10 passes all between 13.2 and 13.4.

You wanna hear consistent?

I was down in Indy doing some bracket races and my first three runs were 13.335, 13.335, and 13.337.

I have the time slips at home, I'll post them.

I would've taken 1st place that day but I red lighted my fourth run. :(

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
That is very consistent. I thought the time I ran two identical ETs out of 9 passes that I was consistent. LOL

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know if it's been mentioned but it's absolutely important to start in auto-stick 1st gear. Let the car hit redline and shift on it's own (That means if you have a '06 that's never had a TCM flash you'll need it.)

The reason is because if you start in D and get a little wheel slip the car will go into nanny mode and upshift you into 3rd and absolutely kill your time.

It's the number one reason you see stock SRT8's in the 14's.
How will it shift on its own in autostick? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
If you use autostick, it will automatically shift when it hits redline, unless you use the Predator to defeat this auto upshift feature. The early SRT8 models did not automatically upshift at redline.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2008 track times

My 08 ran a 12.89 at 114.9mph at the track. Predator, 93 tune w/ CAI and stock tires. Autostick and traction control on w/ a 1200rpm launch.

I drove the car for a day after I removed the tune and it felt like such a dog in stone stock form.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
My 08 ran a 12.89 at 114.9mph at the track. Predator, 93 tune w/ CAI and stock tires. Autostick and traction control on w/ a 1200rpm launch.

I drove the car for a day after I removed the tune and it felt like such a dog in stone stock form.
That's the exact same launch RPM I use. Your ET is identical to mine also except your trap speed is considerably higher than what I've run. What was your 60 ft time?

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
My 08 ran a 12.89 at 114.9mph at the track.
Whoa! Was that on the same run or just the same day? I hit 114.1 once, but it came with a 2.3 60 foot and 13.1 elapsed time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Whoa! Was that on the same run or just the same day? I hit 114.1 once, but it came with a 2.3 60 foot and 13.1 elapsed time.
It was the same run. 2.1 IIR on the 60 ft times. I knew as soon as I took off that it was gonna be a great run. Very sticky track and it felt like a mack truck slammed into the back of the car. I was lined up next to a Lexus ISF and I remember the announcer saying "ISF stands for It's Sooo Fast" and then the light turned green and that stock looking 300 had the ISF by a car and a half through the lights.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
What was the ET of the IS-F? I suspect you won that race ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts