Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone dyno their stock 5.7?
or with any mods?
I'm set for a dyno tomorrow, but I wanted something to compare too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you..I've never seen that.
o.k. so there's baseline.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's something worng their. Typical rwd vehicles lose around 15% power threw the drivetrain. This mean the C should have in the range of 306RWHP. Either these numbers are something they pulled from their arses or the C's do not have 340hp.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Typically, automatic equipped RWD vehicles loose closer to 20%, manual equipped RWD will be closer to 15%.

Todd

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
rogue, can you explain the loss of 100 ft lb to the rear wheels, that's nearly 25%, seems high.
Yes, this seems whacked, unless ESP, etc. had something to do with it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
As someone that owned and operated a Dynojet for a while, I can say that an automatic RWD car should lose somewhere around 20-23% in HP through the driveline. Torque loss should be about that much also.

So the torque numbers do seem way low, and the HP numbers are a little low.

I would recommend turning off the stability program, and also was this a very low mile new car? If so, you can expect numbers to come on noticably after about 10,000 miles.

Another thing, are the numbers corrected? The Dynojet can give "actual" numbers as of the test, or it can give corrected numbers, factoring in altitude, humidity, etc. For instance if this test was done in Denver (mile high) on a hot day, the numbers could be way down. at sea level on a dry cool day, it would be higher. Always ask for both the actual and corrected numbers so you can compare corrected numbers across the country.

The drop from test one to test four indicates that heat is taking a LOT out of the car. So they didn't have a decent fan or ventilation, or allow enough time between tests.

I will dyno mine when I get it just to see what happens.

Don
Magnesium Pearl to be picked up 2-25!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Exactly Dynodon, I was in a rush and did not wait between runs 5, 6, and 7. I did wait a bit between run 2 and 3. I will dyno again and do just that before I do any more mods.

I'm patiently waiting to see the dyno results on Jet Stage 2 from someone and also on Dynatech headers, Volant and upcoming Vaaaram intakes, BEFORE I jump in on the next mod direction.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rescheduled the dyno for Tuesday. I hope it works this time. I am pulling the #17 fuse.... I give up if that doesn't work.
It would be great to have the #'s before and after the supercharger.

Anyone else with a recent dyno pull?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here's the results from today! I do not know anything about dyno's....I have no idea how accurate this is. The operator seemed to think it was very accurate. (within reason) So + 20% = 390hp at the motor?

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey BBC, are you in San Jose? I am in Hayward, would love to meet up sometime!

Those are pretty good numbers.. better then stock by about 50hp or so... thats nothing to scoff at. What did you have to do? Pull #17 fuse?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slk320 pm sent.

Pulling the #17 fuse did the trick.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
BBC.

Nice rwhp & Tq values!!
Thanxs,

So let me get this right, fuse 17 needs to be pulled because the PCM/ESP kicks in???

How was the weather during the run??

Again, thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah...The fuse needs to be pulled. I had this problem the first time I tried to dyno. Rogue Told me of this little trick. It is the fuse for ABS/ESP

Weather 70's in the shade.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I would like to see a baseline pull done at that same shop with pulling the #17 fuse... Wonder how those results would look? And maybe a pull without the Jetchip? Are the guys at the dyno shop nice to work with? Prices reasonable?

Anyways, great pull, it's nice to see some numbers up here from dyno runs. =)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts