Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a used car for a while now and stumbled upon another 300C near me. I promised myself to try something else before coming back to a C, but it's just too tempting, a 2005 5.7 with 400hp, on a Mustang dyno with JUST a CAI, 180 t-stat and Predator 93 tune too. I'm under the assumption that these basic tunes could get you maybe 20hp if that, can someone educate me on this?

·
Administrator
13,065 Posts
Yeah...that's a pretty generous dyno as there is no way 345 HP at the crank becomes 400 RWHP with those mods. Seems the shop needs to calibrate a bit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. Am I right in assuming all dyno sheets come in whp measurements? Then in that case it's registering more power than a stock 6.1??

Sigh, I can't even bring myself to let the owner know how much power he's not making....

·
Administrator
13,065 Posts
Most will include a RWHP reading. 345/425 are HP ratings at the crank for the first gen 5.7L/6.1L engines.

My 6.1 with intake, exhaust and CMR tune makes 411 RWHP.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
I managed just shy of 400hp with heads and cam! Lol... not possible on those few mods...somethings wrong there... borrowed dyno sheet or a screwed up dyno are my guess! Our a friend with a dyno! Lol

Also no way a stock intake manifold car would be making hp at damn near 6k..she'd be tapering hard!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts