Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Had my 06 sr8 on the Dyno yesterday. Dont know what to thank. Took it to MODIFIED AUTO DESIGN in INDY. They used a DYNO DYNAMICS For the tune. With a predator Diablo. My Mods are CAI, FLOWMASER cat backs, I was only abel to get 306hp at the rear wheels. I know ther is a big diff between Engine hp and rear whls but just wanted see what others are getting. GOT NUMBERS.
Stoney

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
before you get upset, you need to know(in case you didnt) that every dyno will be different.

some are optimistic and some are not.
dynojet dyno are known to be optimistic, mustang dynos are known to be pessimistic.

depends on the gas in your car, the tune(may be really rich, aka safe)
the weather, the list goes on.

best thing you can do, in my opinion: you have spent a lot of money on your car and the modifications you have done thus far.

take it to a shop that can perform a CMR tune, a custom tune. not sure where there is one around you. check with diablo.

this will be an added cost, but it will tune your car specifically.

your dyno numbers are definately lower than what is expected, HOWEVER, it may just be the dyno or the canned tune in your car, or any of the other factors that influence these results.

the canned tunes(generic) that come with the predator have been known to cause a loss of power in some of our cars.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks fo the info X. the guy that did the Dyno used my predator to do the suposedly custom tune. It did find 6 more HP. He suggested long tube headers, throttle body spacer, a 160 stat { I think that is to cold} maybe a diff camshaft and intake. They did tell me that the type of Dyno they use is of the newest out. My car runs great, I am just confused about the #s. I wonder how my car runs next to another SRT8 with similiar mods?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
you never can tell bro. it could be his dyno. or he is tryin to sell ya somethin.

most srt8s dyno around 370 ish to the wheels STOCK.

300 is pretty low and to be honest, i would take it somewhere else, another dyno, to see what it does there.

306rwhp is low. not sure if it's truly accurate or honest.

i even got 335rwhp stock off an mustang dyno, and they are supposed to one of the lowest rating ones around. that was on a canned Diablo tune.

i say second opinion.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I Think X Is Right Man...i Have A Friend Of Mine That Have Csrt-8 Same Mod You Have And A Especial Tune From Diablo Who Is Pushing
420 Hp At Wheel...so Make Sure You Get The Right Tune And The Right Person For The Job...good Luck.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I scored a 331 on my C I tought that was good but now i need a diablo as my car keeps stalling at low RPM and that was with a stage 1 cam headers and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
best

the best thing to do is use the numbers to compare mods on your own car. Only works for same car, same dyno, EXACT same conditions.

Dyno numbers are nearly worthless for comparisons to other cars as there are too many variables.

Bench racing at its finest!

·
Registered
491 Posts
300 is very low, I don't think its your car...more the dyno, I have taken my car in twice to have the Diablo fine tuned the first time he got 380 at the rear wheels the second time he got just over 390 with nothing else done, so I think other factors come into play, heat, humidity etc, so don't worry take it somewhere else.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the dyno numbers too much because they are for the most part used to tune your car.

Yeah it does seem a bit low but then all dynos are a bit different.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Like I said before and I'll say it again, Dyno's are for tuning purposes! Please don't get caught in the number. Dyno Dynamics are known to read very low by the way. If you want to see how good your car is running take her to the drag strip.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks all for the feedback. I will keep you posted on my time at the track. She really is running good. I have 35k on her and it is loosening up. Thinking seriously of a camshaft and long tube headers. ZOOM ZOOM...
stoney

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sort of, along the same lines, what kind of parasitic losses can one expect in a bone stock 300C 5.7L resulting in a rough estimate of what one might expect to see for RWHP and RWTq?

Damn, I'm envious of the SRT8 crowd already...(I knew I shoulda gone for the '8, but even though it's my car, the fiancée would have cussed me out) :) :cool:

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Sort of, along the same lines, what kind of parasitic losses can one expect in a bone stock 300C 5.7L resulting in a rough estimate of what one might expect to see for RWHP and RWTq?

Damn, I'm envious of the SRT8 crowd already...(I knew I shoulda gone for the '8, but even though it's my car, the fiancée would have cussed me out) :) :cool:
290's hp 330's tq

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts

Get one if you can swing it bro.:headbang:

You'll never stop thinking about it if you already are - trust me :biggrin:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ge...ant-kick-srt8-fever.html?highlight=srt8+fever

Eric

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
378 RWHP and 407 RWTQ. heads, cam, cai, catback and headers.
472 RWHP and 581 RWTQ with a 100 shot added.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
While I can't do both a 300C and a SRT8 note simultaneously, I am going to turn my 5.7 into the closest thing to the luscious 6.1L that I can... And while I do lust after max dV/dT, I had to think about an impending wedding that I'm helping to pay for...:cool:
Who says you gotta do both? :)

Use the mass x acceleration!

Eric

·
Registered
98 Posts
Who says you gotta do both? :)

Use the mass x acceleration!

Eric
True, true... I am planning my assault on the performance parts now. First thing is a cold air intake. Next, is resonator deletion with a new cat-back exhaust. Figure between the two, I should get +30-40hp? Then maybe a Predator tune, and later I can start mucking with the engine internals (cams, runners, etc).

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I dunno, intake & exhaust without a predator and you'll be lucky to pick up 10hp at the wheels, even though it will sound really awesome. Add the Predator to the mix and then you maybe can expect 30-40 over stock.

It has been beat to death so I won't go into it for too long, but by the time you add up all the mods, consider the down time on your car and pay for labor, you'll spend just as much and still be looking at my taillights :lick: ...just get the SRT8 and call it a day.

Eric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts