Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about buying a E-85 conversion kit for the last 2 years now I have my 300 and am wondering if anyone has do this or has any pro's con's? From what I have read it is easy to add the unit and can be taken off at any time, they say it will not void anything and with the flick of a switch it can use gas or E-85.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
With all the demand for ethanol and bio fuels it's caused a world shortage of wheat. Farmers are growing corn and the little wheat the US is growing is being exported. Check the price of baked goods. Soon you won't be able to afford gas OR bread.

A year ago a 20kg (~50lb) bag of flour cost me $10.75 CDN. It's at $27.20 this week!!! I go through up to 50 bags a week and you know how it is, the cost gets passed on. CNN reported today the price of a 50lb bag of flour in the US was $32.00.

I don't know when the madness is going to end but soon you won't be able to afford the staple of life. At least that's what they used to call bread. Soon it'll be a luxury. Forget about "let them eat cake" cuz it's made from flour.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Jeez, I just noticed you made your post in the New Members area. Sorry about that I should have welcomed you first!!!

Can't answer you specific question on conversion kits and to tell you the truth I'm dead set against it for the stated reason above.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Scotland. I don't know if it will help you but one of our lads up in Elgin (North East Scotland) recently converted his Hemi to run on either petrol (gas) or LPG - controlled at the flick of a switch. He did a pretty full write up on it - LPG conversion on 5.7 Hemi Hope this helps you.
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the reply's. And I do understand about the the problems that E-85 and using wheat and corn can cause but the future is in other crops that can be converted more efficiently to e-85. At this point I'm seeing a $1 difference in e-85 vs. gas. so it looks good to me but that's why I'm asking the experts (you guy's).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts