Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my ecutouts for about 1 year and worked fine till this morning the ecutout wont open up. I confirmed it has nothing to do with the ecutout itself because i took my neighbors ecutout out of his car and hooked it up to mine and it still didnt open up. My question it might be electrical what can I check to fix this problem? fuse? anything? thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'd check all your wires for worn insulation, mainly in areas where it contacts the body. If you don't find anything, then inspect your connections, if none replace your switch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anything connect to my fuse box? I had this installed by a auto body shop and I dont know how it was installed any clue?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
it would have to be hooked to something that has a fuse somewhere. they tapped into the wires at some place, and those wires go to your fuse box. so unless they installed an inline fuse, check your fuse boxes and chances are, there is a blown fuse in one of them. if they both arent opening, it either blew a fuse or like natas said, the wires are making contact, shorting out, and blowing the fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts