Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow 300 C owners,

I recently purchesed a E&G grille from a local shop in chicago and come to find out the E&G emblem is a bit different then what is on the website. The emblem has a bit of gold to it and it's font seems to be different. On the other hand, the emblem does rub me a bit the wrong way. I know there are countless threads on the removal of the emblem from the old grille, but I would greatly appreciate if anyone could take the time and go step by step on how that removed the old emblem from the old grille and attched it on the new grille.

I also noticed that the perimeter of the grille has a 1/16 inch rubber or plastic liner around it. I haven't noticed any closeups of the grille anywhere, but am pondering if i should remover this plastic despite it not being noticed unless your face is within two feet of the grille. i suppose it is there to protect against the paint but still want only a grille in flesh for some reason...

DAVE
CHICAGO

·
Registered
63 Posts
scandaloustrick said:
Fellow 300 C owners,

I recently purchesed a E&G grille from a local shop in chicago and come to find out the E&G emblem is a bit different then what is on the website. The emblem has a bit of gold to it and it's font seems to be different. On the other hand, the emblem does rub me a bit the wrong way. I know there are countless threads on the removal of the emblem from the old grille, but I would greatly appreciate if anyone could take the time and go step by step on how that removed the old emblem from the old grille and attched it on the new grille.

I also noticed that the perimeter of the grille has a 1/16 inch rubber or plastic liner around it. I haven't noticed any closeups of the grille anywhere, but am pondering if i should remover this plastic despite it not being noticed unless your face is within two feet of the grille. i suppose it is there to protect against the paint but still want only a grille in flesh for some reason...

DAVE
CHICAGO
Dave,

I've found the best solution was to purchase a Chrysler "Wings" emblem from the dealer. Here is the thread I started on that subject.
http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=406
Several other members have done the same thing and I think the results speak for themselves (unless you don't want the wing emblem on the grille).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts