Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an early build '05 300C (built April 2004). Can anybody advise the known usual problems to be looking for on this early car?
I have 47,000 gentle miles on it now. I notice that the passenger side tire is wearing a bit lately on the outside tread.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I have an early build '05 300C (built April 2004). Can anybody advise the known usual problems to be looking for on this early car?
I have 47,000 gentle miles on it now. I notice that the passenger side tire is wearing a bit lately on the outside tread.
Joe,
One of the biggest annoyances with all our LX vehicles old to new has been the tranny o-ring leak.

My suggestion would be to go through all the known TSBs in the forum TSB Section especially for the 2005 model, and see if you possibly have any of the known issues.

It's possible the previous owner had concerns already addressed. Your dealer can run your VIN # and see if any TSBs were performed. Then again, you might not need any.

Based on the mileage your car has now, I'm going to guess the o-ring might have already been replaced. As for the tire, if that is an original Conti, then you got some gems with your car!

Just so you know, I'm an original owner of an 07/04 build and there have only been a few minor issues. People who see my car, inside and out, can't believe I purchased this daily driver in 8/04!

Good luck.
bruno

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
To add to the list Tie rod ends. The wifes 05 maggie needed then at 35. My 05 C only has 20 so no need. thhere was also a recall on 05 for a couple things nothing major but like Bruno said your dealer can tell you if you need anything.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
If you havn't already, read through the TSB's and Recalls for the 2005, and later cars here

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ts...-tsbs-recalls-issued-2005-2008-lx-models.html

The front suspension/steering components are one of the car's biggest weakness. Primarily bushings and ball joints. My tension struts were just replaced after 39k miles due to torn bushings.
Many of the early builds had/have a right lead/pull that is not easily fixed with a simple alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts