Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yesterday i purchased some wheels, today i mounted them. Not the best pics, but this will have to do.

info:
wheels: 22x9.5 Dropstars DS02
wheel structure: 1 piece
wheel weight: 41 pounds (compare to 38.5 lbs for OEM 20" srt wheels)
tires: 265/35/22 Nitto 420S
tire weight: not sure.

The tire:

The wheel:

Say goodbye to the old, hello to the new:

The car after install, car wash, and chrome cleaner for the wheels (yep, at autozone lol):

Debaged it:

Some "in progress" pictures:

How to store 4 wheels and tires in a chrysler:

The guys working their magic. I asked for all tools to be rubber coated :)

So shiny

looks tuner style i think

First chrysler able to fly:

Made sure to remove those little "washers" or whatever that are on 2 of the 5 studs

Almost done:

Got wheel gap?

Torque wrench: 100 lb ft .. good right? i couldnt remember 100 or 110, so i did 100... but i gotta go back in a few days to retorque

The bolt- no need to shave or anything. but my finger cannot fit under it.

As for powdercoating the centers cool vanilla (leaving the lip chrome) im still juggling the idea. I still have time to decide as I cant get it done right away.

I probably will lower the car via 1" MOPAR drop springs... but that wont be for a while.

Window tint I need to do soon, hopefully.

Dual exhaust is sitting in my garage, going to go to the shop tomorrow to get it checked out and hopefully fitted.

I also want k2 LED smoked tails.

Any questions or comment, please post.

PS: I have 2 sets of wheels for sale:
1) 18" OEM Chrome 300c wheels with Pirelli Scorpion 225/60/18.
2000 miles on the front, 5000 miles on the rears with some burnouts...
Has transferable 40k mile warranty and road hazard from Discount Tires.
$450 picked up, or $650 shipped (prefer pick up!)

2) 17" OEM wheels from base model 300. Has Continentals (i think) or whatever comes stock. 7000 miles on all.
$300 pick up only.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'm glad you're gonna drop it 'cause it's sitting too high. Damn! Didn't take you long to go after what you wanted in your choice of wheels! Looks good man, the ride is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad you're gonna drop it 'cause it's sitting too high. Damn! Didn't take you long to go after what you wanted in your choice of wheels! Looks good man, the ride is coming along nicely.
it actually sat down a tad lower now.. the car was in the air for 2 hours, so the shocks expanded.. so after sitting, driving, more sitting, and more driving they settled.. but i still want a 1" or 1.5" drop

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
it actually sat down a tad lower now.. the car was in the air for 2 hours, so the shocks expanded.. so after sitting, driving, more sitting, and more driving they settled.. but i still want a 1" or 1.5" drop
I'd go for the 1.5" drop, it looks and sits nicely without it being too deep. I'm sitting with a 1.6" drop and it's tiiiiight!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Glad to see you got wheels finally. Not really feeling that style but looks clean overall, as long as you like that's all that matters. Definatly need to drop it, go with the prokit you won't be disappointed. Nice work!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
As soon as I saw it sitting with the wheels on, the first thing that came to my mind was DROP IT. All in all though, it looks tight and I like all the mods you've done so far.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Man your 300 has came along way. Looks hott, I say now spend some money under the hood. The exterior looks hott dont want to overkill, even though everything U done was very tastefull. I like it. P.S I like the wheel choice, the color match would have been to much. Peace

·
Registered
613 Posts
WOW the car looks good but that is a pretty big claim.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Wanna300 your car keeps getting hotter and hotter!I still think you should of powder coated the rims,but hey its your ride and if your happy that all that matters.Looks good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
reference to "wanna 300"

Hey nice looking car Wanna300, i have a few questions about your 300c headlights and fogs could you please send me a private message and leave a way to contact you via phone or email witch ever i really could use your help sir. looking good there though. thank you.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
clean, huge difference from stock..........but that guy must of been like...why the F**K is this guy taking pics of me....lol

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
clean, huge difference from stock..........but that guy must of been like...why the F**K is this guy taking pics of me....lol
yea they asked.. they were trippin.. hes like are you planning on suing this place? pictures for evidence lol

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wanna300 your car keeps getting hotter and hotter!I still think you should of powder coated the rims,but hey its your ride and if your happy that all that matters.Looks good.
like i said.. i will color match the centers. lip will stay chrome. will definitely look hawt

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey nice looking car Wanna300, i have a few questions about your 300c headlights and fogs could you please send me a private message and leave a way to contact you via phone or email witch ever i really could use your help sir. looking good there though. thank you.
cannot send you a PM. they headlights are OEM 300c halogen headlights. the fogs are OEM 300c fog lights. I have 5000k HIDs sitting in the low beam headlights and 5000k HIDs sitting in the fog lights. Not much else to say about em...

·
Registered
243 Posts
yesterday i purchased some wheels, today i mounted them. Not the best pics, but this will have to do.

info:
wheels: 22x9.5 Dropstars DS02
wheel structure: 1 piece
wheel weight: 41 pounds (compare to 38.5 lbs for OEM 20" srt wheels)
tires: 265/35/22 Nitto 420S
tire weight: not sure.

The tire:

Made sure to remove those little "washers" or whatever that are on 2 of the 5 studs

can i ask why you would have to remove those "washer" looking things on the studs? just wondering cause i recently slapped some 22s on mine and i dont know if american tire depot took those off mines....hmmm...

clean ride by the way... COOL VANILLA is the ****! haahhaha

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you take them off so the rim can sit flush against the hub. that way you wont have any vibrations

any chrysler/dodge OEM wheel is built to accommodate the washer.. after market wheels arent.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here is a pretty sloppy photoshop: drop, tint, color match.. sorry i was in a rush, so it looks cheesy

·
Registered
648 Posts
Looks great man!! huge transformation:fing02:. Did you buy your wheels locally or online somewhere. I am looking at some dropstars myself.. so just searching for some pricing options.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts