Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was looking at different kind of grills and I am not going to lie there are nice one for like 300 and higher, but i am not a high roller like that .I bought one from ebay like 120 for everything, even shipping. It got here in 2 days and put it on with no issues. my main concern was that he the price was to good and thought they would not fit or have issues with linning up holes. No issues at all and looks very nice, I went to the dealer to get a oil change and the 08's that they have had the same grill and wanted 350 for the grill. The are made with the same material. I thought i would share my opinion on the grill thing for people thinking about buying one from ebay I am happy with my choice

·
Registered
238 Posts
ive got the same one
only difference i could think of is mine is stainless steel dont know if your is for sure but ... thats what i got
mine was roughly 399 after tax and shipping to canada

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mine is not stainless steel, but I can't really see the difference, but of course if something fly to my grill like a bird then i am sure it will break, and yours... well you would just have to wash it, but dont plan to run into birds or nothing

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I was looking at different kind of grills and I am not going to lie there are nice one for like 300 and higher, but i am not a high roller like that .I bought one from ebay like 120 for everything, even shipping. It got here in 2 days and put it on with no issues. my main concern was that he the price was to good and thought they would not fit or have issues with linning up holes. No issues at all and looks very nice, I went to the dealer to get a oil change and the 08's that they have had the same grill and wanted 350 for the grill. The are made with the same material. I thought i would share my opinion on the grill thing for people thinking about buying one from ebay I am happy with my choice

how about the wing...ist fairly close to the real oem wing? cause when i was looking for a grill for my 300C i was gonna buy those grill on ebay for like less than $100 but wasnt sure if the wing is so fake and would look really tacky... i was looking for about a month and comparing the wing with the real mopar grill and to me it looked like the wing on those ebay grill looked deformed... so i ended up getting this one chrome grill where you can buy the oem wing n emblem and put them on yourself... but i wasnt to happy about the fitment... so im lookin to buy a different grill... let me know

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice grill... glad to see someone can do things in Feb. its too cold here! just one question though... what part of removing the front bumper cover involved the pressure washer?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks very sharp. I prefer the look of the verticle grills to be honest, and also plan on purchasing from ebay. Will post pics of the install soon :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the Emblem it fit correct. I was thinking of taking it off the original emblem off the grill, Do you think it would work?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how about the wing...ist fairly close to the real oem wing? cause when i was looking for a grill for my 300C i was gonna buy those grill on ebay for like less than $100 but wasnt sure if the wing is so fake and would look really tacky... i was looking for about a month and comparing the wing with the real mopar grill and to me it looked like the wing on those ebay grill looked deformed... so i ended up getting this one chrome grill where you can buy the oem wing n emblem and put them on yourself... but i wasnt to happy about the fitment... so im lookin to buy a different grill... let me know

good time to cleanthe bumper and inside the area bc there was alot of dirt :arms:

·
Registered
113 Posts
That grill came stock on mine, but i was looking at the grip grills. Im just worried that the install will be more then i am willing or in this case capable of doing.

·
Registered
465 Posts
i found some ebay grilles for like $50 and they dont look too bad. i worry about the quality though

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found some ebay grilles for like $50 and they dont look too bad. i worry about the quality though
copy and paste the site here and i can tell you...
the one i bought said 50 but shipping was like 50 too. so i think its the same price i payed. Trust me i was worried if the grill i bought was cheap too andof course bc i was payin 1/3 of what other people pay for high quality grill. I was thinking if i washed iit in the car wash, would it break with high power washing system or whether it was too much of a plastic material. I got it and it was pretty heavy and strong. It even seemed stronger then the oem one.

and the instalation was easy. i downloaded the instructions from another thread and was going to print it out and realized it was 15 pages.. I did the mexican way and just unscrewed screws that seemed to be connected to the bumper and was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
465 Posts
ill check into them when i get home. im trapped at work all day today. i am thinking of vertical bars for my car instead of a mesh style.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Just be wary about some of the Chinese eBay grilles (Cheap ones).

We supply grilles to OEM companies for a wide variety of cars (installed at the factory, Ford, Honda, Nissan, etc..) and we took one of those "cheap" grilles and performed a salt spray test on it, and it failed miserably. It corroded in certain area because the quality of the chrome plating was not all that good. But, you get what you pay for. You may or may not have issues with them...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just be wary about some of the Chinese eBay grilles (Cheap ones).

We supply grilles to OEM companies for a wide variety of cars (installed at the factory, Ford, Honda, Nissan, etc..) and we took one of those "cheap" grilles and performed a salt spray test on it, and it failed miserably. It corroded in certain area because the quality of the chrome plating was not all that good. But, you get what you pay for. You may or may not have issues with them...
All I got to say is that I am happy with my grille and dont plan to go threw a salty spary, so i will take my chances...:fing02:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well mind was a complete grille and this one looks really nice, I dig it. Look at the feed back to see if there is alot of complaining people. The price is good to, I would say do it, but hey its up to youo

·
Registered
465 Posts
im considering it. i like vertical bars. im keeping it in mind when i get back from my vegas trip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
is there anyway you can tell who your buyer was on ebay? if yours fit fine i would definitly like to purchase from the same buyer!!

thanks!!

-cojovi-

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
is there anyway you can tell who your buyer was on ebay? if yours fit fine i would definitly like to purchase from the same buyer!!

thanks!!

-cojovi-
eBay Motors: 04-07 Chrysler 300 300C Chrome Mesh Front Grill Girlle (item 370024805031 end time Feb-24-08 15:35:48 PST)

here is one if sells, he has alot of grilles with the bentley sign, but I thought it looked weird so i got chrysler emblem instead... the grill i got is similar to this and I am happy with it, only when I go out of town, it catches lots of bugs, but no regrets.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts