Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes those cheap grilles, 80-140 bucks
anyone have any sucess with any good ones?
are they all ****? what will they do peel apart?
i'm on a budget, just cant afford a 500 dollar grille
and help thanks

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Post some pics of grilles you like on Ebay.
Maybe someone has bought one.

IMO, the expensive grilles are overpriced.

I bought this vertical grille for $80 on Ebay and it is holding up good.
I also had to buy the wing emblem for around $38.
Some grilles come with an emblem, some don't.

Beware that some grilles on Ebay are bolt-ons/overlays, which attach to the factory grille. While these are easy to install, they don't look as refined.

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
I bought this one off of eBay, haven't had any problems with it. Easy to install, good fit, can't complain

·
Registered
297 Posts
I hear alot of people ****ting on the ebay grill saying they are just abs plastic but Im like WTF the factory grill is abs plastic so whats the difference.

Just watch the ones you are looking at they have really cheap ones are just a mesh that you attach over the front of your exsisting with twist ties. I cant see that looking good less then 10 feet away

·
Registered
690 Posts
i have an ebay one in the garage. The winter took a toll on the finish... if you want it PM me. a quick coat of paint and its good to go for yearsvto come

·
Registered
243 Posts
i bought a bentley style chrome grill on ebay and paid $150 before shipping... it looks good on pictures but when i installed it..... i wanted to yank the hell out of it, it had atleast 3/8" gap on both sides and the both corners of the grill was hittin the fascia... and to make it worse.... the profile of the grill wasnt even curved like the OEM grille.... so now i saved up and got me a grip grille (gotta take a new pic of the car with it).... SO MY ADVICE IS SAVE UP FOR A GOOD AND REPUTABLE GRILLE CAUSE I WAS ON THE BUDGET TOO WHEN I BOUGHT THE BENTLEY STYLE AND NOW IVE SPENT ALMOST $500 JUST FOR THE GRILLES....

·
Registered
375 Posts
When I bought the car, it had an ebay grille on it and I bought an ebay grille from a member on this site. No complaints on either one of the grilles.

·
Registered
169 Posts

no issues at all

cheers from the sandbox

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know it's not as cheap as an ebay grille but I have a brand new Strut Grille (still in the box with plastic) for sale for $1800 plus shipping. :biggrin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased the abs chrome mesh grille from an ebay vendor and am very satisfied. Excellent Fit!

Though the grille was ordered and delivered back in late March, I finally had a chance to install this past weekend (without a garage and living in the upstate NY, have to wait for warm, non rainy day)

Certainly much more time consuming activity than changing the grille on my PT

·
Registered
204 Posts
I purchased the chrome mesh grille from an ebay vendor and am very satisfied. Finally had a chance to install this past weekend - certainly much more time consuming activity than changing the grille on my PT

I installed my Ebay grille lastnight and the fit was pretty damn good IMO. I didn't know the entire bumper had to come off, but that made for a hot night in the garage. :dead1: It looks good and fit very good so as long as it doesn't fall apart anytime soon I'll be happy.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I bought this one off of eBay, haven't had any problems with it. Easy to install, good fit, can't complain

i bought the exact same look as this grill off ebay. it was gunmetal in colour. but mine peeled almost right away. :worried:

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes....the old adage "you get what you pay for" may still be hold true regarding these grilles. I do wonder how long it will survive particular given the harsh winter condition in upstate NY (since my 300C is a daily driver).

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
I have just had a genuine Startech (Bentley style) grill replaced under warranty as the chrome was bubbling up and about to flake off.

So probably not much better than some of the ebay ones.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am verry happy with my $34 ebay grill:biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts