Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

eBay SRT8 "OEM" Spoiler (Installed)

11K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Giovanco 
#1 ·
Recently I purchased an SRT8 style spoiler on eBay. I live in Ontario, shipped, painted (which was a perfect color match to PS2) was about $130 CAD. I didn't want an M3 spoiler, I adore subtlety but the M3 style is almost tooo subtle. :p After I had ordered it I had read horror stories about eBay spoilers so naturally I was curious as the ad said "factory replacement". One other thing I had heard was they are usually an inch short. I finally installed it today (waited for a warm day), what do you all think? I think it looks pretty dope, and full size too.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
No kidding, I was super impressed! Seller wrapped it up nice and good too. :arms: It's from a place in Texas where they spray everything on site. I went to the dealer to compare prices (for a laugh more than anything)... $649 CAD plus a month to source it. The spoiler compliments the body lines perfectly and for a mod shipped right to your door and installed in 10 minutes... it just can't be beat. I used to cruise through pictures on 3CF so much I'd forget I didn't have one, just looks so right.

#4 ·
Looks great man. :fing02:

This is a MUST DO mod for everybody IMO. One of the first things I did. As previously said, such a subtle addition, but makes a huge different and brings out the lines.

#5 ·
This is a MUST DO mod for everybody IMO.
I always secretly thought whenever I'd see another 300 "Why haven't they done an SRT8 spoiler?" then I'd realize I didn't have one either. Crisis now averted.

There is also a VIP front lip on right now for $125... God, why do they make this stuff so accessible. Oh well, that can wait in line behind the 60 other projects I have on the go. :p

#12 ·
#11 · (Edited)
looks perfect, can you PM me the seller? I'll need to replace my stocker and if that puppy is painted and everything for that price , I can't go wrong.

I always liked the looks of the stock SRT8 spoiler on these cars...such a small thing makes a big difference. Good choice - car looks good :biggrin:

#13 ·
HipC, I too live in Ontario and am looking into adding an 'SRT8' OEM spoiler to my 2010 300C. Two questions for you:

1. What's all involved in adding the spoiler to the trunk?

2. Will a 2005-2007 SRT8 spoiler work on my 2010? Or would I need to grab one from a 2008-2010?

FYI, spoiler looks great!

#14 ·
Thanks! To date it's my favorite mod, it adds so much to the rear end. Overall, installation is easy, first go down to Shopper's and buy some alcohol swabs. Wash the trunk with dish soap to remove any oils then swab it down. Dry. Remove the backing from the spoiler double sided tape and place. Wait for a few hours before driving. Then all done! To be honest, I don't believe the 08+ first gen has as easy as an installation (or even the same style spoiler). I think the spoiler is part of the trunk and has a 3rd brake light at the peak. Not sure what your options are, haven't researched into it having an '06.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#21 ·
I would like to know the seller too. I have almost bought one on eBay a hundred times, only to chicken out, worried about the fitment and quality. I need the exact same one too. Same paint code and everything.

Thanks for sharing your experience....looks awesome.

#23 ·
I was lucky enough to find an OEM SRT spoiler back when I did this, but I have seen the spoilers from ebay seller "thespoilerstore" in person and I couldn't tell a single difference from my OEM spoiler. If I'm remembering correctly, they will color match them for about $100 shipped or primed for about $75. And their paint is spot on too. Not sure if this is who the OP used, but by far the best aftermarket option I've seen.

#24 ·
Oh, btw, HipC, I took your advice and painted my spoiler, but there were some spots that bubbled up. My body guy did me a solid and repainted my factory spoiler and splash guards for nothing, so all is right with the world.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#25 ·
Good to hear! Sorry about the late response. I'm glad it all worked out! I bought my spoiler from an eBay seller called 4caroption and I even parked it beside a stock SRT8 to compare the difference.. Pretty damn close! It even came tapped to mount the spoiler with screws! :p This seller is out of Texas and paints everything themselves. The PS2 paint code matched like they had the car there. I think they had other paint codes but I stopped looking after I found what I was looking for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.