Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been having problems with my EGR valve, with error code P0404 coming up along with red lightning bolt and limp mode. I have removed and cleaned the EGR a couple of times now (it wasn't very dirty) and tried to make sure the centre shaft opens and closes relatively easily.

I have got some 4.7k resistors to use in the EGR wiring plug if I get the fault again so that the EGR is bypassed, but am a bit uncertain which 2 pins I should be placing the resistor in, out of the 4 available.

Some posts say pins 1 & 2 starting from the round end of the plug, some say pins 2 & 3 (the middle 2, as used with the swirl resistor bypass).

Which pins should I use, please?

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,715 Posts
Extract from Service Manual:

"Pin 2 = 5V supply
Pin 1 = EGR signal
Pin 3 = Sensor ground"

I don't think anything would be achieved by connecting the resistor between pins 2 and 3, so I'm guessing you need to connect 1 and 2.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for that information, it is very helpful.

So you think if I had used Pin 2 and Pin 3 for the EGR resistor, simply nothing would happen (and no harm done)?

Does the Service Manual have the same info for the Swirl Flap, which I am fairly sure uses pins 2 & 3, so I can compare?

Is the Service Manual available on this Forum?

Appreciate your help, again!

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,715 Posts
I doubt if connecting pins 2 and 3 with a 4.7K resistor would do any harm on the EGR plug, but this does seem to be correct for the swirl plug.

See this post for swirl plug info: Swirl Motor - cheap replacement solution (Pennies!)

I don't think the Service Manual is available on this forum. You may find it on LX Forums, where I obtained my copy a long time ago. There was a post on this forum recently where someone was asking about manuals and it appears that they are available on the Web: Workshop Manual Recommendation?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts