Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here installed the Eibach coils themselves...and if so, was it hard and what tools were needed?

A very good local shop (Shoreline Motoring) quoted me $700 for the springs installed out the door, including alignment. This seems very high to me. What have others payed for installation?

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
$465 out the door from Performance Plus in Long Beach. Includes install and 4 wheel alignment. Quality job. They did mine and Fatchance's for the same price.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JonW said:
$465 out the door from Performance Plus in Long Beach. Includes install and 4 wheel alignment. Quality job. They did mine and Fatchance's for the same price.
Did that price include buying the coils or did you buy them first then take them there to have them installed for $465?

·
Registered
108 Posts
street image in baldwin park did my drop for $370 but that's without an alignment. here's a link when i was asking around for spring install prices a couple weeks back.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4131
hope that helps. now go and drop that sucker and i'll see you at the next socal meet (whenever that may be)
-brian-

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.....I will call Ricky at Performance Plus tomorrow....hopefully they can fit me in this weekend :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
ink said:
Has anyone here installed the Eibach coils themselves...and if so, was it hard and what tools were needed?

A very good local shop (Shoreline Motoring) quoted me $700 for the springs installed out the door, including alignment. This seems very high to me. What have others payed for installation?
So no one has done the lower themselves? We had one failed attempt...
I have the manual now and see what I need: "Using Puller (2), Special Tool 9360, separate upper ball joint stud (1) from knuckle."
Anyone know where I can get this special tool? Autozone didn't have anything that would work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HEMI300c.com said:
So no one has done the lower themselves? We had one failed attempt...
I have the manual now and see what I need: "Using Puller (2), Special Tool 9360, separate upper ball joint stud (1) from knuckle."
Anyone know where I can get this special tool? Autozone didn't have anything that would work.
i wouldn't recommend it yourself, unless your a certified mechanic... the suspension is under alot of pressure, and will take several jacks, to take apart independent suspension............i watched mine being done by pros, and the used two tall screw jacks to hold the componets......

·
Registered
323 Posts
i wouldnt suggest doing it yourself either. i was about to attempt it over the weekend, but so much stuf came up to where i didnt have the time. i took it on monday and stayed at the shop almost four hours watching somebody put them in. let's just say that i am very pleased to spend the money with them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You need two special tools to do the job, a ball joint separator, and coil spring compressors, as well as jack stands, and a good floor jack. I got the first for $20 from JC Whitney, and the compressors on eBay for $14. You can get by without the separator using a trade trick. Loosen the ball joint nut, and strike the steering knuckle where the joint stud goes through, hard with a small sledge, or large ball peen hammer. Be careful not to hit the ball joint or its stud, else you'll be replacing it. I opted to use the separator (when I get around to doing this job) as my accuracy isn’t what it used to be. Unless you are an experienced mechanic, count on this taking 1 hour per wheel, and only work 1 wheel at a time so that you have something to reference when putting it back together.

Good luck, and PM me if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the spring compressor, Autozone lets you use tools for free with a deposit. They didn't have that ball joint seperator and I can't find the tool anywhere. If I had that, I wouldn't have any trouble with this project. I don't really feal like paying someone to do it. The only reason I mod my car is the excitment of working on the thing.

I'm going to find that tool, I don't care if I have to make one from 1" square tubing.

Do you have a link to what the tool is that I need? Special tool 9360 doesn't mean anything to anyone other than DC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is the link for the tool. Search item #ZX812149N Its a generic version, but should work.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...ID:100000219190

I agree with you about paying someone to do what I can. Its also good to know that it was done correctly, and that nothing was damaged in the process and hidden by the mechanic (it happens a lot.) Good luck, and let me know how things work out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't done it on my C yet, but I would imagine this is to provide access to the upper mount on that side. Either that or it will be an obstruction when you are dropping the rear end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts