Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the eibach 1.6 drop will work on a base model with 22's. It looks like it will work, but it might need some cutting of the inner fender for the control arm to move without hitting. I was just wondering because i dont want to spend all that money to figure out it doesnt work right. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Eibach springs are different for non Hemi 300's. Just make sure the springs aren't for the 300C.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We just installed our Eibach's in our C and the rear is sitting realy high. Went and drove it around to see if it would lettle but it is still high, any one else have htis problem with the car looking like it has a rake?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
503 motoring said:
We just installed our Eibach's in our C and the rear is sitting realy high. Went and drove it around to see if it would lettle but it is still high, any one else have htis problem with the car looking like it has a rake?
Did you guys cut the bump stops located in the rear shocks? This will lower it another 3/4" or so after a few miles...

·
Registered
106 Posts
We lookied up in there and the car is not sitting on the rear stops. It still has a lot of travel in the rear, just seems to be sitting high in the rear. I have seen a few more on here that look like this too! Did you guys trim your fronts.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
503 motoring said:
We lookied up in there and the car is not sitting on the rear stops. It still has a lot of travel in the rear, just seems to be sitting high in the rear. I have seen a few more on here that look like this too! Did you guys trim your fronts.
Here is the advice fatchance received directly from Eibach...
http://www.300cforums.com/showpost.php?p=27070&postcount=31

·
Registered
106 Posts
We talked to Blane as well and did what he suggested. It came down about 3/8 more but still is sitting high. It is almost like there is just one to many coils in that spring.. We are running 22x10 in the rear and I really want that fender to hug it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
you can't see the bumpstops unless you disassemble the shocks.... there is a cover that bolts over the shaft and it is in there.... then there is the loosen tighten trick as hemeee pointed you out to....

·
Registered
106 Posts
We already loosened the rear suspension and sat the weight on the springs and then retightened. We have not trimmed the bump stops yet though and yet there is still travel in the suspension. Hmmm puzzled

·
Registered
164 Posts
you have to trim the bumpstops.... it only takes a few minutes if you have a lift.... blane at eibach was very specific on what should be done to the rear and this is even mentioned in the install sheet (although the loosen tighten trick is not?).

mine only went down a 1/4 inch or so before i had them fix this... now i am down about an inch after a week... i will give in another few weeks to see where i am at and then decide if i need to try the loosen tighten trick again (the shop that did mine spoke little english and i think the mechanic didn't loosen everything as blane had instructed).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really appreciate all the great feedback. I will trim the rear stops on Monday.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
503 motoring
I know what your talking about. I've done everything they said and it still sits a tad high in the rear. I'm use to it now, but when I put passengers in the rear it eats that gap and then some. I'm not sure what steps to take next. I was looking into upgrading the shock and gettting a shorter pair for the rear.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Ya same here the rear sits high even after the bumpstops where removed. I don't really mind it, it still looks good. My guess is once adjustable shocks are released it might help out the problem.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am not convinced the problem lies in the shocks. THe shocks wont add any kind of lift. To me it looks like the spring is overcompensating for the possible rear passenger weight.

·
Registered
304 Posts
So, out of all this discussion. has anyone cut there rear springs ? and if so, how much of the spring was cut ?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Why would I cut the springs. I bought this kit for a specific reason. IMO Eibach has missed it with the first version of this kit. Blane is covering their a$$ with some bull about rake. Bottum line is that I don't believe anyone bought this kit for the look we have, I didn't. I am looking to see who we can email with this problem at Eibach, that can resolve this. There are to many members with the same issue.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I believe my question was a general one, not aimed at anyone specific.. and i agree eibach got it wrong, and since the kit is ( worthless ) i assume somone has cut the rear springs to compensate .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts