Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still debating on lowering my car with the Eibach pro kit and would like to know if anybody did this drop and still riding on there stock shocks.Lots of people are telling me I must change the shocks and they are also telling me that i wouldnt like the ride.Is there any issues when i put my stock rims on also.Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm on stock shocks and strut's and the ride is rough but it isn't jaw shattering or uncomfortable. You have to relearn the way you drive. Try to avoid large bumps, steep driveways things like that. I am guessing the shocks and struts will wear prematurely.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm also on stock shocks & struts and wheels. I installed the Eibach Pro Kit a couple of weeks ago and the ride is a little stiff and the ride is not as smooth (but not much) as stock but overall the ride is GREAT!!!

The best thing is that the car looks 110% better!!!!!!!!:fing02::fing02:

Stock Springs (Before)

Eibach Pro Kit Installed (After)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Im rolling on the prokit with stock shocks and 22's. On smooth roads the ride is great. When you starting getting on ruff roads you can feel it more than stock. I was surprised that the overall ride is not bad at all. I did notice a little more bump steer on big bumps, but its not too bad.

It is a bit stiffer, handles slightly better, but overall i think you will be ok, since i put my 22's on i take it a bit easier anyway.

I say go for it, you should be fine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I also put the pro kit on my car with 22s. I found the ride to be not so good. I am not all for swerving to miss every pot hole I see in the road. So, I switched back and went stock. Sure, it looks better, but I dont think its worth the ride.

Maybe VA roads are a little worse, but I couldnt deal with the hassle of missing every bump I saw in the road!

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's why I'm sticking with my stock wheels with the Eibach's. I just don't want to have to worry about bumps on the road and a rough ride.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I rather have my 20s on then lowering the car,so I guess I am not going to lower the car yet, because like I said plenty of times on the forum,here in NY the roads suck!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well I rather have my 20s on then lowering the car,so I guess I am not going to lower the car yet, because like I said plenty of times on the forum,here in NY the roads suck!
lol...yeah i lived in nyc(queens) for 13 years..i know all about the crappy roads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pro Kit

I just installed the pro kit on my 2006 AWD, and love the change. Yes ride does get a bit bumpier, but not at all what I expected. I think that staying with stock shocks & struts helped that " cushyness " but the steering is tons more positive and quick. I'm on 20's with Toyo Proxes 245/45 closest to the stock rollout, not problems with bottoming, yet, but being sure that I'm watching where I'm driving.
Do the change, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts