Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering an Eibach Pro kit springs this week. For those that have lowered their cars, did you purchase a camber kit to offset the negative camber? The pro kit is a 1.6" drop and I don't want to eat my tires up so quickly and also know I will need an alignment after the install. Midas has already told me their alignment machine can only align at factory height and wouldn't give an accurate alignment with aftermarket springs. Need some feedback. I'd hate to have the negative camber ruin my new Dunlop sports.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would also like to know about this. Any help out there?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Me 3. Putting my pro kit on this sat...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I had the pro-kit installed over 6 months ago and I didn't need to use the negative camber kit. All my tires are wearing normally. I think there's quiet a few guys on here that have done it without the camber kit.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
camber does eat tires but not as fast as toe will. As long as you get aligned as close as possible to factory spec after being lowered you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
jasonb20:
You will probably be fine without adjusting the camber. I dropped mine about 18 months ago. They sell a camber kit for the backs but I decided to wait and see. I did get a fresh alignment after dropping from American Tire with their cool laser system. There has been no unusual wear to report to date. Everything has worked just fine.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to the members who gave me some good info! I'm gonna just get the springs and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
On an IRS whenever you drop it you will induce negative camber. This will put more pressure on the inside edge of the tires causing premature wear. One good note is it will help with cornering. What was your camber readings in the rear after you dropped it?
I no longer have the nice colored printout but from memory it was about -1.5? Not much but you could notice it sightly when looking at the car from behind. With routine tire rotation the minimal tire wear has not been noticeable. You are right though, the negative camber both wears the inside of the tire and gives better cornering. I've also done my best to corner aggressively whenever possible so I will even the wear as much as possible given the negative camber. :wink1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts