Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Here are the pics that i promised you. The cars sits about 1.5" lower than stock with these Eibach springs.

If you are in the LA area, you can go to D2 Technik (626-282-2727) to see the car or to order the springs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Looks great. Not nearly as aggressive as I thought it would be. I think it really enhances the factory wheels as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That fills my heart with joy. Looks great. Fixes the only complaint I had with the stance of the 300/Magnum.

So after driving it for a few days waht do you think? Handles better/same/worse? Do you have to angle into driveways?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlackRT said:
That fills my heart with joy. Looks great. Fixes the only complaint I had with the stance of the 300/Magnum.

So after driving it for a few days waht do you think? Handles better/same/worse? Do you have to angle into driveways?
Handles better at the same rides like stock. Yes we do have to angle into driveways.

Did anybody noticed what we did to the orange side lights. We had them covered to blend into the car.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think it looks better then the stock look and like what was said above it makes the stock rims stand out. By the way, what the biggest 22" tire you can put with the drop u have?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
300Con23s said:
I think it looks better then the stock look and like what was said above it makes the stock rims stand out. By the way, what the biggest 22" tire you can put with the drop u have?
265/35/22... but make sure it's Pirelli and not Kumho. European tires (pirelle, Continentals,etc..) thens to be round on the top of the side walls.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
carre' said:
Handles better at the same rides like stock. Yes we do have to angle into driveways.

Did anybody noticed what we did to the orange side lights. We had them covered to blend into the car.
Looks nice.
What kind of damage occurs if you don't angle into driveways?
Is that most driveways?
What about speedbumps?
There a lot of speedbumps on my neighborhood streets.
They are fairly large but can be driven over at about 25 mph.
Would I have to angle over these too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love the look of the c with the lowered springs on. makes the stock wheels look much better. would like to see what it looks like with 20" wheels on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
carre' said:
What did you cover the orange side light with? Is it just painted or did you make a cover for it? Where can I get one in cool vanilla??? Thanks carre.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
carre, do you think the 265/35/22 tires/rims everyone has jump on will fit using the Eibach springs without fender mods?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks real smooth. Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
cshflow said:
What did you cover the orange side light with? Is it just painted or did you make a cover for it? Where can I get one in cool vanilla??? Thanks carre.
Call D2 technik at 626-282-2727, and ask for Collins or David. Sorry Cshflow for the wrong #. Call 626-282-2727

·
Registered
114 Posts
Must admit, it looks way :cool:. However, I would worry about how it affects average driveability.... I cringe imagining my wife bottoming out every time she goes over a speed bump or over a sharp incline/decline.

What sort of special attention do you have to pay not to scrape/gouge? TO be honest, the only potential negative I noticed when I first saw the 300 close up was how close to the ground it is, and that's stock! To be honest, I wouldn't ever dream of lowering it even more.

Personal preference, I guess. But I'll say it again, very cool look you've achieved!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,
I have been lurking since this boards inception, and have found it to be very informative and enjoyable. Thanks to everyone for posting. While I usually have my questions answered without having had to post the question myself, I was wondering if anyone had the part# for Eibach's Pro Kit springs for the 300C?
Thank you!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I am waiting for someone who has installed the springs to post their opinion.
Is the ride noticeably bumpier/rougher?
The C's ability to smooth out the bumpiness in the road is a little worse than I have been used to. My Bonneville SSEI was much smoother on country/bumpy roads. My wife has a bad back and she notices the C's rougher ride.
I also scrape bottom everytime I back out of my driveway. Only if I do an extreme angle out can I avoid scraping the front end of the car on the curb.
And then there are the parking curbs. The C scrapes every curb. Are we going to have to worry about bashing in the front-end with the lowered springs?
Maybe I am worrying about nothing, but 1.5" lower seems a lot. The SRT-8 was only lowered half an inch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts