Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post on this forum! I have a 05 Chrysler 300c 90k .

1> The issue started about 2 weeks ago my dash would go haywire and all lights on dash go on and the gauges would reset to zero,and then i would hear a ding sound and radio would turn off/on. This would usually happen 3/4 times then would be ok.

2> The radio no longer has Sirius/Xm radio. The bill is paid!! The car has navigation and when i click mode button only CD's shows up.

3> The 2 front windows switches on drivers side are not working?? My drivers window is stuck down and i live in CT and the current temp is 27 degrees.
thanks for any input,
Dennis

I did some research on the first issue and it was saying something about adding a grounding strap on drivers seat static electricity may be causing a issue??? The car has leather seats and i don't really think it has anything to do with static i never get a shock

·
Administrator
13,066 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1. Two conditions can cause that sort of behavior - A weak battery. Have it load tested. Or, a faulty Body Control Module. This may require a scan by a dealer to confirm.

2. I have no idea what caused the Sirius issue unless the transceiver in the trunk has failed. Have you contacted Sirius to try a reset?

3. Either a wiring harness was chafed and has shorted (check the cabling that runs into the front door in the door opening) or both switches failed at the same time. I suspect it's a wiring problem. Check your fuses first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried another master door switch over the weekend and still having an issue. Does anyone a schematic for the door switch that maybe i can jump the connector out?

issue is: both drivers and passenger window does not work from the driver side switch. The passenger window does go up and down from passenger switch.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i tried another master door switch over the weekend and still having an issue. Does anyone a schematic for the door switch that maybe i can jump the connector out?

issue is: both drivers and passenger window does not work from the driver side switch. The passenger window does go up and down from passenger switch.
That would lead me to believe the drivers side switch or wiring to it to be the problem...

As to the other issues I'd echo whats been said already, check the battery out.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

PM sent with a request for your e-mail address so I can send you the schematic you are requesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts